Anyone seeing Reshape Tool fail on Tempo markers in SE?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone seeing Reshape Tool fail on Tempo markers in SE?

Post by Shooshie »

I made a bug report about this, but the guys at MOTU aren't seeing it. Maybe I'm the only one. Would any of you check and see if it happens to you? Pull up an old file and see if it happens only in old files.

Here is an edited form of the bug report I made:
Tempo Edit Bug in Sequence Editor
  • The Bug: Conductor Track, Sequence Editor, Reshape Tool draws its line/shape, but nothing happens. The tempo markers remain where they are.
  • First time I've noticed this one. May be new to 9.02, or possibly I've just got a glitch. I don't usually use the SE for this, so it may have been there for a long time.
  • Looking for confirmation from others.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
  • 1.) Display the Conductor Track in the Sequence Editor
  • 2.) Invoke the Reshape Tool in the Toolbar (looks like a giant tilde)
  • 3.) Draw any kind of line to which the tempo markers should leap
  • 4.) Did they move? If not, then you've got the same glitch I have. I think it's a bug.
Workarounds:
  • Use the MIDI Edit Window instead of the Sequence Editor. Pull down the mini-menu in the tab at the top-right of the window to "Conductor Track." The bug does not affect the MIDI Edit Window Conductor Track.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can either corroborate or contradict this report. I may just need to reinstall DP.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Re: Anyone seeing Reshape Tool fail on Tempo markers in SE?

Post by cuttime »

Seeing this exact same behavior here. I hadn't noticed before because I usually use the pencil tool in this context.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Old file? New file? Both?

While I'm never happy to see a bug, I am glad that I'm not the only one. Maybe we will have a chance at getting it fixed now.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Shooshie wrote:Old file? New file? Both?
Both. And the workaround you suggested behaves exactly as you described.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Thanks, Cuttime. That helps.

Anyone else? The more people come out and show this as a problem, the more likely MOTU will take it seriously.

Shooshie
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

As the bug thread shows, I was able to confirm this myself. No issues doing so either.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Ok, that's 3 for 3, so I'm going back to MOTU to tell them we've got a problem. Andrew wanted said he couldn't duplicate it. I suspect they were using the MIDI Edit Window conductor track, instead of the Sequence Editor. Or maybe they aren't all up to date in the Tech Support trenches. I've seen that before; they'll be using an older version of DP.

We'll see what happens...

Shoosh
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Shooshie wrote:Ok, that's 3 for 3, so I'm going back to MOTU to tell them we've got a problem. Andrew wanted said he couldn't duplicate it. I suspect they were using the MIDI Edit Window conductor track, instead of the Sequence Editor. Or maybe they aren't all up to date in the Tech Support trenches. I've seen that before; they'll be using an older version of DP.

We'll see what happens...

Shoosh
There's also a chance that they're accidentally using a newer version that we don't have access to, where the bug has already been fixed.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Didn't think of that, but yes, you may have something there.