Unusual DP issue

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
advancedspectrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unusual DP issue

Post by advancedspectrum »

Hello,

I have encountered and issue and was hoping I could get some help. I am using DP 7.24 on Mac 10.6. It's been working fine for years.

I have been mixing one of my songs the last few months. Today I was auditioning Reaktor5 effects on a Kontakt Massive stereo track while the song was running. In switching from one effect to another, suddenly all sound got cut out from DP. I had no error message either. It was not producing any sound from the current loaded DP file. So I closed and restarted. When I played again, the whole mix sounded different even though all automation and insert effects are still in place.

I ran a process of elimination to check it was not a speaker issue or the soundcard Presonus Firestudio Mobile. I updated the firm ware on it anyways. Still after lots of trying, I am hearing all my DP files are just not sounding the same.

Can anyone suggest additional testing I can run or is there a way to reset DP to factory settings?

Feeling helpless at this point.

Thanks
Adam
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unusual DP issue

Post by mikehalloran »

Do you have a 7.24 CD or an earlier version?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
advancedspectrum

Are you suggesting a re-install?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

You didn't answer my question. Is your CD 7.24 or an earlier version?
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
advancedspectrum

CD is earlier version of 7. I had upgraded to .24 later.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

advancedspectrum wrote:CD is earlier version of 7. I had upgraded to .24 later.
It's possible that installing Kontact corrupted DP's paths to your plugs. I have had that happen more than once after a plugin install. A complete uninstall and reinstall of DP fixes this and only takes a few minutes but the procedure is different depending on whether or not you have a v 7.24 CD.

Have your CD and the 7.24 updater handy—you do not need any of the incremental updaters.

Run the Installer from the updater first. When you get to Easy Install, click on the drop down menu to find the Uninstaller. Run it. When done, insert your CD and do the same. Now reverse and install from the CD first, then the 7.24 updater. Reboot and repair permissions from Disk Utility.

This will rebuild your paths and does not affect your files or preferences.