Good things coming soon!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Good things coming soon!

Post by Topo »

I received a reply from support recently; "There are several developments underway for DP9, which were announced at NAMM earlier this year. Most notable of these is a drastic increase in processing efficiency, but there will, of course, be multiple other bug fixes and improvements". The details of what to expect: http://cdn-data.motu.com/marketing/motu ... 016-pr.pdf

As you will see, all coming in Q1.....hmmmmm we're nearing the end of Q2. It's typical for most companies to under estimate release dates, so I hope they are closing in on a final update.
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Good things coming soon!

Post by Michael Canavan »

You've been out of the loop for a while. The first update, minor fixes etc. has already happened, that was scheduled for Q1, with the processor and latency improvements scheduled for Q2, which leaves MOTU 23 days left to fulfill according to their own timeframe. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.

Post by Topo »

Why didn't MOTU support tell me that? I have not seen the major automation line bug fixed, nor other things people mentioned here. Support guy specifically said all these updates, and bug fixes, are coming, but aren't there now. I've been in the loop checking all the time for updates, and working on projects. To me, the proc optimization is huge. Their info doc states it will all happen in Q1...doesn't say Q2, nor did their support say different.
Michael Canavan wrote:You've been out of the loop for a while. The first update, minor fixes etc. has already happened, that was scheduled for Q1, with the processor and latency improvements scheduled for Q2, which leaves MOTU 23 days left to fulfill according to their own timeframe. :)
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

You running 9.02? If not, you should be. Some are having some problems with it, but I guess it depends on what features you use regularly. It's been very good for my work. Haven't had a crash since I updated.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Post by Topo »

Yep. 9.02. Have had a couple crashes, and the automation bug is bothersome....proc performance enhancement would be great since I use VI's a lot.
Phil O wrote:You running 9.02? If not, you should be. Some are having some problems with it, but I guess it depends on what features you use regularly. It's been very good for my work. Haven't had a crash since I updated.

Phil
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm hopeful an update of some kind (even DP X!) is forthcoming.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yeah... with MachFive IV built in!

Obviously I'm holding out to see what MOTU does with our beloved Machy, but if the only way it was going to survive was that it had to be dumbed down a little and included in DP, I could live with that.

It goes without saying that at the very least the "universal-translation" features, filters and pitch capabilities would have to remain!

EDIT: Hope you're well, Magilla!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm well, dude. Hope you're good downunder- so to speak....
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Naughty Gorilla! :lol:

I wish I could say things are good, mate. Thank you for asking.

Great to hear you're still kicking goals.

EDIT: D'Oh! Time's up. Have to re-enable the vpn and shoot through. As I said, glad you're still you, cuz!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Every time I see this topic, my mind goes to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyAqYEkdes

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro