UNofficial Digital Performer Community bug list discussion

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UNofficial Digital Performer Community bug list discussi

Post by Robert Randolph »

9.1 is here!

Please check your bugs and report back! I will be checking stuff myself.

I see one that should be marked off for sure: "Fixed an issue where hitting TAB triggered the search filter whether or not the Track Selector was open"
Robert Randolph

Also, can someone check Ref #8 for me please?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61937&p=529025#p529025
mrmiller

Post by mrmiller »

Robert Randolph wrote:Also, can someone check Ref #8 for me please?

That's not actually a bug as shown in your screenshot. DP won't let you record-enable two tracks with the same bundle as an input. The first two tracks share the same input, hence one of them gets toggled off.
Robert Randolph

mrmiller wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:Also, can someone check Ref #8 for me please?

That's not actually a bug as shown in your screenshot. DP won't let you record-enable two tracks with the same bundle as an input. The first two tracks share the same input, hence one of them gets toggled off.
Noted. Thank you. I've placed it in the rejected section now with a link to your response!

Nice to see that you guys are aware of this thread :woohoo:
Robert Randolph

So... I'm seeing lots of bugs discussed across the forum that aren't being reported in the thread. No discussion here about previous bugs given the new version.

That's totally fine. I think it's worth saying that this idea was a failure. It seems that most people don't want to put the effort into something like this.

If a mod wants to delist the thread, I will make note of it in the thread and update the current state as necessary.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Robert Randolph wrote:So... I'm seeing lots of bugs discussed across the forum that aren't being reported in the thread. No discussion here about previous bugs given the new version.

That's totally fine. I think it's worth saying that this idea was a failure. It seems that most people don't want to put the effort into something like this.

If a mod wants to delist the thread, I will make note of it in the thread and update the current state as necessary.
No, no, let's keep this. It takes a while to turn a battleship.

We don't always do bug reports right away with a new version, because sometimes they work themselves out, sometimes they're just misunderstandings, and sometimes they evolve into something much bigger like the pedal CC64 bug turning into all controllers depending on the starting conditions, which are common conditions for anyone using breath or expression control.

I still haven't finished testing to see if that particular bug gets scooped up in Bounce to Disk, or if it bounces correctly, etc. There's more to it, but I just haven't had the time since my first marathon with it. There will be more, I'm sure. It just takes time.

Remember that most people don't report bugs. They report something wrong. They come here and ask about it, and others pick it up and explore it. It's the explorers who report bugs. Of course, the word "bug" is used so loosely that it's hard to know precisely what anyone really means unless they spell it out, which we do try to do when we create an actual report.

And lastly, it's not easy creating a bug report. You've given us a rigorous outline to which we should adhere, and I applaud that. Forces me not to take shortcuts when explaining it. I always hope that MOTU will read my shortcuts and go try it themselves, but I doubt that happens often.

Once we've made a bug report here, it becomes easy to make a tech link, basically copying/pasting. So this is a good first stop. I think we should leave this here and USE it!

Again, thanks for your efforts in creating this, and don't get discouraged if it goes unused for periods of time. Ideally, we'd all like to see this thread never used again, right? Unfortunately, that probably will not happen, at least not for the RIGHT reasons!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Robert Randolph

Shooshie wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:So... I'm seeing lots of bugs discussed across the forum that aren't being reported in the thread. No discussion here about previous bugs given the new version.

No, no, let's keep this. It takes a while to turn a battleship.

We don't always do bug reports right away with a new version, because sometimes they work themselves out, sometimes they're just misunderstandings, and sometimes they evolve into something much bigger like the pedal CC64 bug turning into all controllers depending on the starting conditions, which are common conditions for anyone using breath or expression control.

I still haven't finished testing to see if that particular bug gets scooped up in Bounce to Disk, or if it bounces correctly, etc. There's more to it, but I just haven't had the time since my first marathon with it. There will be more, I'm sure. It just takes time.

Remember that most people don't report bugs. They report something wrong. They come here and ask about it, and others pick it up and explore it. It's the explorers who report bugs. Of course, the word "bug" is used so loosely that it's hard to know precisely what anyone really means unless they spell it out, which we do try to do when we create an actual report.

And lastly, it's not easy creating a bug report. You've given us a rigorous outline to which we should adhere, and I applaud that. Forces me not to take shortcuts when explaining it. I always hope that MOTU will read my shortcuts and go try it themselves, but I doubt that happens often.

Once we've made a bug report here, it becomes easy to make a tech link, basically copying/pasting. So this is a good first stop. I think we should leave this here and USE it!

Again, thanks for your efforts in creating this, and don't get discouraged if it goes unused for periods of time. Ideally, we'd all like to see this thread never used again, right? Unfortunately, that probably will not happen, at least not for the RIGHT reasons!

Shoosh
Well, if we do continue, I think something needs to be done to address the difficulty in participation.

I have received feedback that some people feel that it's difficult to participate due to the formatting and discussion. At this point it seems quite apparent to me that I overestimated other folk's desire to spend time documenting these things. It makes sense too, the last thing you want to do when you're frustrated and facing a bug is to sit there and write about it!

Any suggestions for streamlining this? Anything I could do to make it easier to read, submit and/or confirm issues?
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Robert, I think the bug thread is good and will accomplish what you intended. I do, however, believe the reporting format to be in need of some streamlining. I have not posted yet in this section just because of the way I visit this board. Although I spend a lot of time here, it's never in one large block. I'm usually popping in several times a day when I get a minute here or there between clients, while the drummer is tuning, while the bass player is drooling, etc. I suspect others are in the same boat. I wholeheartedly agree with Shooshie on this. Give it a little more time before you give up on it, and try to streamline things a little. JMHO

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Robert Randolph

A reminder that it'd be helpful if folks could check issues after new updates. With 9.1 out, I need to mark some of these issues resolved if they are resolved.

Some of the issues I was unable to replicate personally, so if anyone has a moment to go through them in 9.1, that would be exceptionally helpful.
Robert Randolph

Can anyone replicate: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=529953#p529945

Tracks List columns setup is working fine for me here. I can't seem to replicate an issue.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Working fine here as well. Perhaps he has a corrupted preference file?
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Works fine here too. Updates instantly as I click the buttons in the preference window.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Robert Randolph

Thanks guys! Looks like that one needs to be marked as rejected.
Robert Randolph

Waves snapshot automation bug as been added and listed as confirmed.

I've found at least 15 people that can reproduce this reliably now, and it's my understanding that both Motu and Waves are aware of the issue.

---

Reference: #0000002 now marked as [Fixed in Version 9.1].

Yay Motu!

---

All other issues appear to be outstanding still. I was able to reproduce all confirmed/accepted issues in 9.1 except Reference: #0000004. I don't even really understand Reference: #0000004 to begin with since I don't use multi-out instruments, so hopefully Michael or someone else can keep us up to date on that.

Edit: Appears that Reference: #0000004 is still broken. See: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62113&p=529121#p529121
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

RR, I'm very appreciative of your efforts to maintain an organized and CONCISE bug list!

I'd like to request the administrators to move any posts that veer off topic or out-of-format over to this thread. There is great value to keeping that thread within the format, or it can easily get unweildy to read. As it was, it was great. Right now, there are 9 :mumble: posts on page 2 that should be moved over here.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com