It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Text Size

UNofficial Digital Performer Community issue list - OS X

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.

Re: UNofficial Digital Performer Community issue list - OS X

Postby steveo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Guitar Gaz wrote:
davidh wrote:Select the source area to be copied, split it into a separate soundbite (Cmd-Y) then alt-drag to the desired destination. Best to duplicate soundbite afterwards too if you intend to edge edit after copying, else both the copy and the original will be altered.

Yes that's what I do - didn't know about the other method which is now apparently not working - the above method works well and quickly and I am used to it. It is a blow when a part of your workflow no longer works though.

I used to do that but it's more steps, you have to drag the playhead around (you often will not want to) and it's not as flexible. And you can make the edit while the customer is listening to playback. One nice thing about not having to drag is that you don't have to be near the target, just click anywhere you want.

It amazes me that this isn't everyone's preferred method; it can literally take ⅓ the time relative to the Cmd-Y method.
--
Steve
OSX 10.7.x, DP 9.02
steveo

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Postby James Steele » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Robert Randolph wrote::surrender:

Sorry Robert... I think this topic is not supposed to be for discussions? I can cull the OT posts into a new topic if you'd like or delete the OT posts.
JamesSteele.com | Dean Guitars | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

MacPro5,1 12-Core 3.33, 48GB RAM, macOS 10.12.6, ATI 5770, DP 9.5, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, UAD-2 Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Postby steveo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 pm

James Steele wrote:

Sorry Robert... I think this topic is not supposed to be for discussions? I can cull the OT posts into a new topic if you'd like or delete the OT posts.

I'm sorry; I didn't see my particular issue on the list and was hoping I'd find out that it was. Of course it got out of hand.

Although it would seem to me to be valuable to move to its own discussion, if it's not an issue for anyone here then just delete it; sorry for the OT.
--
Steve
OSX 10.7.x, DP 9.02
steveo

Postby Robert Randolph » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:24 am

James Steele wrote:

Could you move them to the issues discussion thread please? I wouldnt want anything deleted.
Robert Randolph

Postby amplidood » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Could we ask MOTU to PLEEEAASE give us Tab key functionality again and stop it from always enabling the stupid search box. This is driving me crazy. I used to be able to use Tab for all sorts of cool functions, but now it's locked to that useless (for me) function.

Thank you.
amplidood

Postby buzzsmith » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:34 pm

amplidood wrote:Could we ask MOTU to PLEEEAASE give us Tab key functionality again and stop it from always enabling the stupid search box. This is driving me crazy. I used to be able to use Tab for all sorts of cool functions, but now it's locked to that useless (for me) function.

Thank you.

Amplidood, I'm on 9.01 and the tab key is working as expected.

In the Commands list, did Tab somehow become enabled for Search?

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.01 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

buzzsmith

Postby amplidood » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Aaah, it's mainly when the track selector is visible in the SE. Still, when I hide that, the Tab key doesn't do some things it used to. Like jumping from one soundbite to the next in the SE.
amplidood

Postby csiaudio » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Importing Audio Files using the Import audio function:

DP version 9.1
Mac OS 10.11.06

Both of these issues only occur when the preview audio button is selected, thus making this function very clunky.

If one clicks on the preview audio button and then selects a track to play it will work fine for that first track selected. However, if you click on another track while first track is playing the first selection it should advance but it continues to play and not advance to the newly selected audio file. If you double click on the newly selected audio file it will then start playing.

Also once an audio file to import is chosen if you double click the track name to advance it into the right side import window is won't, nor will it import into session. It will only advance into the left side window at which point you have to double click on the file that's in that window to advance it into the right side window.

This is not how DP reacted in any previous release.
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 -- 16 Gigs Ram -- DP 9.1 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
csiaudio

Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Revoice Pro 3.3 Need Help or Insight

Postby ronjams » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:23 pm

After following the video instructions found here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmuClIEw4c&list=PLuUaXLG5x2NJ-5A18UMrvmWxAnMq57JJV&index=1
Revoice produces pops and clicks found in the processed audio when dragged back into DP9.13 72621 This makes Revoice unusable although it is the fastest way to sync up your audio tracks. I just hate that the audio starts poping and clicking. Can anyone confirm this? Is anyone getting the same result as I am in DP9.13 72621
DIGITAL PERFORMER828 MK3MACH V & A LOT MORE GEAR
ronjams

Previous

Return to Digital Performer [MacOS]: Troubleshooting/Criticism