No tracks visible in Sequence window

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No tracks visible in Sequence window

Post by wonder »

All of a sudden when I hit PLAY, all the tracks in my Sequence window disappeared. I can hear them.
They are in the TRACKS OVERVIEW.

I selected SHOW ALL ... still nothing.

Sort of an emergency ... anyone help?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
wonder

Re: No tracks visible in Sequence window

Post by wonder »

the tracks in the Track selector sidebar aren't there either. ????

when i restart and reopen the session, the tracks will be in sequence window for a second then just disappear. so frustrating.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Is there only one chunk in the project? If not, could the chunk be changing somehow?

View Filter?

Hopefully you don't have a corrupt project, but if so, you might try importing the chunk into a fresh project to see if that works correctly. That's all I can think of.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
wonder

Post by wonder »

Multiple Chunks.

How would it be changing?

I tried importing (load) into another new session ... still same.
wonder

Post by wonder »

I tried selecting "SHOW ALL TRACKS" ... still nothing.

There's no tracks showing up in the track selector window either when in Sequence window.

So puzzling.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just a thought...
The track listing automatically updates according to any text entered in the search field of each window's specific Track Selector, so if there are spaces or text that do not correspond to track names, you will be unable to view your tracks.

Open the Track Selector in any window in which your tracks have disappeared via Studio>Track Selector, by clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of the window currently in view, or by using the Track Selector key command (Mac: Command+Shift+T; Win: Ctrl+Shift+T). Place your cursor in the search field at the top of the Track Selector and press delete several times to confirm that there is no text/space in this search field. Your tracks should reappear.
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 46#p525946
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
wonder

Post by wonder »

But heres the thing, I quit out of DP and reopened the session. Would the search field still remember if any errant text was entered in?

I just left the studio in frustration and quit for the night. I'll try to get this going tomorrow.

Thanks so much.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'd be surprised if the tracks just disappeared like that. It's has to be either the view filter or the search field. If neither, then that's a pretty f#$%ing major issue and you should contact MOTU.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I just though of the chunks thing because there at least used to be a case where you could be looking at a window for a chunk that is not play enabled (perhaps that is not case with more recent versions).

So this would be a kind of series of unintended things like you have an empty chunk, and some command to switch chunks was enabled. If you only have one chunk, then that is not the issue.

You might also want to go and turn off the masters for commands (in case that is causing some unexpected behavior.) This chunk theory is perhaps one possibility where DP isn't acting buggy, just doing something unintended via a command that was initiated.

You might be getting to the place of needing to trash prefs? Let us know what MOTU support recommends.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

This is a product of the new Search Field. When you hit TAB, the next thing you type becomes a search criteria. Since "ENTER" is not a factor in any of your tracks, they all disappear. Hit TAB again, then ESCAPE. Seems like that is how I get out of it. Or just hit TAB, then DELETE, and click somewhere else.

If you can see the search field, you can always click in it and delete everything. (yes, you can enter the search field when it's not visible, when the track selector margin is hidden, just by hitting TAB) It's very inconvenient, and I hope that MOTU does something about it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I was taking a break and just decided to try out some keys to see what you can do with the Track Selector Search Field. Basically, the only thing that will get your cursor out of the field is the mouse. You've got to click elsewhere. Of course, that won't bring your tracks back.

The keys that bring your tracks back are as follows:
  • TAB—ESCAPE
    TAB—DELETE
    TAB—FORWARD DELETE
    TAB—CLEAR (keypad)
If anyone knows of a keyboard shortcut to get out of the field, please do tell. Tab only reselects the text in the field, as if starting over. The keys in the above list only empty the field, they do not remove the cursor. Every time you hit the TAB key in the edit windows, you will have to use the mouse and click outside the field to get your cursor and keyboard back in play again, not to mention your tracks!

And to repeat: even if your track selector is hidden, the field is active, though invisible.

I hope MOTU fixes this in the next release. Anyone who does not know what's happening will think that DP is the most buggy piece of software they ever used!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|