MIDI data not going to MIDI tracks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cbalogh
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MIDI data not going to MIDI tracks

Post by cbalogh »

For the last 5 months I've been using Keystation 88 as my controller. All of a sudden keying data from the controller is not getting through to MIDI tracks. I've been using the USB connection to my iMac. Thinking that maybe that data was fouled up, I connected a traditional MIDI cable to my 128 MIDI interface. When viewing the MIDI monitor window, the signal indicators for the Port 1 of the K88 and Channel 1 of the interface show data going in. I can also edit MIDI notes from the controller. But...the data is not going into any record enabled tracks. I submitted a tech link at MOTU and they suggested opening a new file, adding a single MIDI track, instrument track, and audio track configured as follows:
MIDI - input "any", output Polysynth
Instrument - Polysynth, output bus 1-2
Audio - input Bus 1-2, output analog 1-2

Tested this several times with no dice. I thought maybe running audio-MIDI setup would detect the problem. Again, no go.

Something within the DP software is not transmitting MIDI data to the tracks, even though the data monitor shows it going in. I don't recall modifying anything at that level to cause this situation. I then decided to reinstall DP9 to see if that corrected the problem. no dice

Would greatly appreciate some feedback on this since I'm currently dead in the water with several projects.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI data not going to MIDI tracks

Post by cuttime »

Have you checked the input filters?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cbalogh
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by cbalogh »

Aha! The input filter showed none of boxes checked for being recorded into the track. I set them all and it's working fine. Duh!! I must have been editing a track and turned off the note filter when editing in the event list. I forgot that once they're turned off they stay off regardless of what project is loaded in. Silly me.

Tanx - Chaz
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

:) Occam for the win!
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

cuttime wrote::) Occam for the win!
:lol:
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|