No audio after using DP9 bounce

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wilkinsi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No audio after using DP9 bounce

Post by wilkinsi »

I'm trying to "print" the FX plugins inserted into 2 channels, by bouncing. The problem is unaffected audio played back on iTunes, or no audio at all. I'm new to using DAW software, and I'm using the trial version of DP9.
Mac Mini 2018 - 8GB RAM, 3.6 GHZ Quad Core, 128GB SSD
External 2TB NVME TB3 SSD, External 1TB SSD (OS recovery), External 500GB TB/USB SSD (Time Machine backup)
MOTU 828es
Digital Performer 11, UVI Falcon.
tommymandel

Re: No audio after using DP9 bounce

Post by tommymandel »

Make sure that, as well as your FX tracks, you have your Master Track selected before you do the bounce. I've had similar results by missing that. :)
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

tommymandel wrote:Make sure that, as well as your FX tracks, you have your Master Track selected before you do the bounce. I've had similar results by missing that. :)
Took the words right out of my mouth! :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wilkinsi

Post by wilkinsi »

tommymandel wrote:Make sure that, as well as your FX tracks, you have your Master Track selected before you do the bounce. I've had similar results by missing that. :)
I drag over the audio (highlight) the area over the tracks I want to bounce, then go to file > bounce to disk. I even set the conductor to record, and still no audio. I must be doing this completely wrong.
Mac Mini 2018 - 8GB RAM, 3.6 GHZ Quad Core, 128GB SSD
External 2TB NVME TB3 SSD, External 1TB SSD (OS recovery), External 500GB TB/USB SSD (Time Machine backup)
MOTU 828es
Digital Performer 11, UVI Falcon.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

wilkinsi wrote:
I drag over the audio (highlight) the area over the tracks I want to bounce, then go to file > bounce to disk. I even set the conductor to record, and still no audio. I must be doing this completely wrong.
You didn't mention selecting the Master Track, as suggested earlier. Did you do that?
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Yes. MLC TT and I are wondering the same thing. Rather than drag over audio in the Sequence Window, I select a region in the time line in the Tracks Overview window, and then click on or drag over Track Names in the column of that window. You can select non-contiguous tracks by Command-Clicking them, or a range by Shift-Clicking the first and last track name of the series you are bouncing. (and don't forget to include any Master Track you have, that's our hunch.)
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

Make sure the output numbers on the tracks match the output numbers in the dialog box
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

It is not necessary to include anything in the time range selection, except for the desired audio tracks, so no need to include the master channel or aux tracks.

One just needs to make sure they're play-enabled if one wants to include them in the resulting bounce.
Last edited by FMiguelez on Mon May 02, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

FMiguelez wrote:It is not necessary to include anything in the time range selection, except for audio tracks, so no need to include the master channel or aux tracks.

One just needs to make sure they're play-enabled if one wants to include them in the resulting bounce.
Really? That hasn't been my experience. Maybe I'm thinking "play enabled?" They certainly need to be play enabled. And as above, be sure the BUNDLE that is being bounced is the same as ALL the tracks in the sequence that you want to include.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
FMiguelez wrote:It is not necessary to include anything in the time range selection, except for audio tracks, so no need to include the master channel or aux tracks.

Really? That hasn't been my experience. Maybe I'm thinking "play enabled?"
That must be what you're thinkng, Mike. It used to be necessary to include all aux tracks and MF, but it changed around DP7 or DP8.

It's so nice and faster not to have to inlude anything else, especially if you have duplicated aux tracks for the stems :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Time to teach this old dog new tricks. Woof!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

FMiguelez wrote:It is not necessary to include anything in the time range selection, except for the desired audio tracks, so no need to include the master channel or aux tracks.

OOh thats a very handy feature, It must of happened in 8...

So waiting for the 9 update, as I'm still on 7
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Real-time mixdown is your friend. Do you know how to do that? It's way more reliable than
Bounce-to-Disk.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

FMiguelez wrote:It is not necessary to include anything in the time range selection, except for the desired audio tracks, so no need to include the master channel or aux tracks.

That's not my experience, either. Of course, it depends on what you choose as your monitoring track when doing the bounce. If you have all the audio tracks set to "Main Out," then no, you don't need auxes. But if you have them set to go through some auxes before getting to a Submaster, and if your only Main Out comes off the Submaster, and you monitor that, then you must have the aux train play-enabled correctly as you would to hear it if you want it to come through the bounce.

Ok... maybe I see what you're saying. As long as the audio path is enabled, you don't actually have to select the aux tracks in the time range. Is that what you mean? I think that would be correct.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

David Polich wrote:Real-time mixdown is your friend. Do you know how to do that? It's way more reliable than
Bounce-to-Disk.
I've always find B.T.D extremely reliable
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang