Any issues running Komplete 10 with DP9?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ovaltine52
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any issues running Komplete 10 with DP9?

Post by ovaltine52 »

I admit to being a babe in the woods on this, so this may be no more than a wrong button....

I add an "instrument track with options" then select "Komplete" (I edited this because I realized that Komplete Kontrol can be a keyboard, & I'm speaking of the software Komplete 10). I call up "Session Horns Pro", pick an instrument. Once I hit the key I get severe distortion, note won't shut off, & verges on a feedback loop. This happens with all the sample instruments; Session Horns Pro, Session Strings, all the pianos, etc. I noticed no issues with "Massive" & "Battery".

I've ran "Komplete" as a stand alone, no issues, all the instruments I've tried work/sound fine. So, best I know how to say it is there's a communication issue between DP9 & Komplete 10 as a plug in, & I don't have a clue where to look.

Anyone out there been down this road? Any/all thoughts/insight MUCH appreciated.

And sorry for the Konfusion. :?
musicman691

Re: Any issues running Komplete 10 with DP9?

Post by musicman691 »

ovaltine52 wrote:I admit to being a babe in the woods on this, so this may be no more than a wrong button....

I add an "instrument track with options" then select "Komplete" (I edited this because I realized that Komplete Kontrol can be a keyboard, & I'm speaking of the software Komplete 10). I call up "Session Horns Pro", pick an instrument. Once I hit the key I get severe distortion, note won't shut off, & verges on a feedback loop. This happens with all the sample instruments; Session Horns Pro, Session Strings, all the pianos, etc. I noticed no issues with "Massive" & "Battery".

I've ran "Komplete" as a stand alone, no issues, all the instruments I've tried work/sound fine. So, best I know how to say it is there's a communication issue between DP9 & Komplete 10 as a plug in, & I don't have a clue where to look.

Anyone out there been down this road? Any/all thoughts/insight MUCH appreciated.

And sorry for the Konfusion. :?
So you're using the instruments that come with Komplete 10 but not the controller keyboard from NI right? Or are you using the controller keyboard? I don't know that you can use the Komplete Kontrol s/w without the keyboard controller. Other than that can you call up Kontakt, select an instrument like one of the pianos, and things work okay? Or are you still getting the problems? If the latter you may well have a routing problem with a feedback loop involving the DP instrument track.
ovaltine52

Post by ovaltine52 »

Oh my goodness! Thankew! Thankew! Thankew!

You figured it out, & another thanks for your "covering all bases" approach. I thought I had to go thru Komplete Kontrol which I now get is for their keyboards, but as you suggested, I call up Kontakt (had no clue), & yep, there's all my instruments, & yep, worked fine, no feedback issues, just straight ahead sound.

So, there's that hurdle.

MUCH appreciated!!!!
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

ovaltine52 wrote:Oh my goodness! Thankew! Thankew! Thankew!

You figured it out, & another thanks for your "covering all bases" approach. I thought I had to go thru Komplete Kontrol which I now get is for their keyboards, but as you suggested, I call up Kontakt (had no clue), & yep, there's all my instruments, & yep, worked fine, no feedback issues, just straight ahead sound.

So, there's that hurdle.

MUCH appreciated!!!!
Glad it worked out for you. Feedback loops can creep up in the oddest of places. Hopefully you didn't have your monitor speakers up too loud when it happened.
ovaltine52

Post by ovaltine52 »

I appreciate the concern, & I did hear it coming, so yeah, monitors were down low. I had the arrow hovering the "record enable/disable" when I heard things weren't getting better.

So, thanks to you I kan get on with other koncerns. :roll: :wink: