DP 8.07 error code(-35)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Clevelandrawks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8.07 error code(-35)

Post by Clevelandrawks »

I recently had to switch from running AU plugs to VST plugs mainly because Minnetonka's Pro Logic II DOLBY (V.3.3) can only run as AAX or VST plugin. And no stand alone yet for OSX 10.11.4

So this means when I open up a number of instances of Kontakt or any other VST instrument, I want to save the presets in each instance so if and when a crash occurs, I can reload that instance in the same series of VI's it had before the crash. However.....

When I go to the "Save this Preset" in the pulldown menu I get this message;

http://www.suiteaudiosounddesign.com/#! ... code/rdrio

I have corrected permissions in all folders related to presets and still no luck. The manual doesn't go into this. At least what i could find. Anyone have this issue and if so, any way to correct saving presets in VST mode?
MAC pro quad-core, 32GB memory, OS X 10.11.3, DP 9.01, Protools 11.3, Logic Pro X, REAPER, RX5, Altiverb-7, Speakerphone 2 and WAVElab 8. 10TB of raid, plugs, plugs and more plugs.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP 8.07 error code(-35)

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It's not all or nothing. You can use both VST and AU in the same sequence. That doesn't address the root of the problem. I would reinstall DP and the plugs. It could be DP simply doesn't find the folder to save the presets. I'd also think a call or techlink to MOTU wouldn't hurt.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

That is not a DP error. As it explains in the msg, it's an OS error that says DP can't find what it is looking for.

You are going to have to show DP where those presets should be saved.

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

So will a reinstall then point to the proper location? I've had this problem with plugs from time to time and after installing an update to the plug (or reinstalling it) it might work. It might not.

So why do some plugs loose the directory connection and others don't? Is it the plug or the OS, or is it DP that is loosing the directory? How can we tell that for sure? It's not that uncommon a problem for me.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

So will a reinstall then point to the proper location?
Usually, when I have had similar issues, it is after installing a new plugin. That can mess up the path to everything. Reinstalling DP and repairing permissions normally re-establishes the paths.

The last time I got into this, I had to reinstall SampleTank 3 and DP 8 but I had made some changes to my library setup so I thought little of it and accepted the issue as normal behavior.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Clevelandrawks

Post by Clevelandrawks »

Thanks all. I will do a reinstall of DP 8.07 and repair permissions through the terminal . I'll get back and let you all know if this worked. BTW, I never got any email notifications that any of you wrote a response. Hmmmmmm? I'll check my account again and SPAM folder.

stay tuned.
MAC pro quad-core, 32GB memory, OS X 10.11.3, DP 9.01, Protools 11.3, Logic Pro X, REAPER, RX5, Altiverb-7, Speakerphone 2 and WAVElab 8. 10TB of raid, plugs, plugs and more plugs.
Clevelandrawks

Post by Clevelandrawks »

Well. I reinstalled DP8.07. But of course I had to delete all of the DP9.02 files first since 8.07 won't install over 9.02. (Incidentally, DP9 knows where the presets are saved in VST and AU.)

Once done, I repaired permissions, dumped the preferences and fired up DP 8.07. Opened a VST of Kontakt and tried to save the preset. Same error message. So, I am taking the advice of MIDI life C. and just using both AU and VST plugs.

The thing that started all this was Minnetonka's DOLBY Pro Logic II 5.1 encoder. It only runs as a VST and no stand alone as before in LION. They say it will be some time before developing the stand alone for OSX 10.11.x So this is why I had to have VST availability in 8.07. Did not remember that you could run both. Now? It's all better.

Thanks for the input.
Peas.