Window Set Bugs

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Window Set Bugs

Post by bayswater »

Is anyone seeing window sets coming up different from what is saved?

I have a series of window sets to help reduce mousing. But I'm finding that most of them do not come up as saved. The specific problem is the tab selected when they come up. For example, a window set has a left sidebar with a Track Selector. The main body of the CW has the Tracks tab selected. With that in place, a window set is saved. But when that window set is invoked, it is the Track Selector that is in front and selected, requiring extra key commands or mousing to get to the expected layout. Strangely, it does work properly if the MIDI tab is selected when the window set is saved.

I'm assuming Tech Support can't reproduce this -- they suggested I load sequences to new projects and delete preferences. All time consuming but I did it, and as expected, it made no difference.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Re: Window Set Bugs

Post by musicman691 »

I used to see this when I used the CW. Being I no longer use it I haven't pursued the issue any further. In addition to the tab selection in the main window I also saw tab selections in the left sidebar (didn't use the right one) come up wrong from the saved set.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

So it can be repeated. Thanks.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Yes, I also see weird window set recall at times. Not always. I blame my 3 monitors.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS