reroute audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
raejlong
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

reroute audio

Post by raejlong »

Is there a way to internally reroute the outs so they are visible as ins in digital performer, using ultralite mk3.

I am using play as a standalone because dp9 is swapping like crazy. Also PLAY reloads everytime I make a change to my input monitoring or latency settings.
I have play set to send audio out to the sound card outs, I want this to be recorded in digital performer.

Unfortunately there are NO rewire inputs from PLAY as there are from Ableton Live. So I am forced right now to hardpatch the ultralite---fexample...
patch directly outs to ins and either set an aux track or stereo audio track to hear play.

Thanks
bayswater

Re: reroute audio

Post by bayswater »

Don't know about the Ultralite, but other MOTU interfaces, the 828-3 for example, have a "ReturnAssign" parameter in their setup panel. This lets you assign an output pair, and it will route that output and make it appear as an input pair labelled Stereo Return.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
raejlong

Post by raejlong »

That is what I was talking about.
I could not get it to work.
I am more versed in a real mixer, THANKS!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You can always physically route an output pair to an input pair if there is no virtual routing in that unit.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

raejlong wrote:Is there a way to internally reroute the outs so they are visible as ins in digital performer, using ultralite mk3.

I am using play as a standalone because dp9 is swapping like crazy. Also PLAY reloads everytime I make a change to my input monitoring or latency settings.
I have play set to send audio out to the sound card outs, I want this to be recorded in digital performer.

Unfortunately there are NO rewire inputs from PLAY as there are from Ableton Live. So I am forced right now to hardpatch the ultralite---fexample...
patch directly outs to ins and either set an aux track or stereo audio track to hear play.

Thanks
What do you mean by 'swapping like crazy'? Do you mean the routing of MIDI outs to Play instances is changing on it's own? If so I've been enduring that on a semi-regular basis and I do have a long standing Techlink into MOTU on that but there's been no fix. And it happens on Kontakt libraries as well.

Also it's not only the Play engine libraries that reload when changing latency settings but any sample-based library will do that (at least they do for me).