Opening a project, Omnisphere multi often comes up blank

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Opening a project, Omnisphere multi often comes up blank

Post by Topo »

Most of the time, Omni's patches are empty, when I re-open a project in 9.02. I have to manually set up the multi again. This does not happen with other VI's I have. They all load perfectly. Also, all the MIDI performance data is still in tact....it's just that none of the patches are remembered.....I'd say 8 times out of 10, this happens. Any ideas? DP bug? Omni bug?
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Opening a project, Omnisphere multi often comes up blank

Post by Tobor »

I think I've had that problem as well, but also with the latest version of Live, so it may well either be an OS or Omni bug.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Topo wrote:Most of the time, Omni's patches are empty, when I re-open a project in 9.02. I have to manually set up the multi again. This does not happen with other VI's I have. They all load perfectly. Also, all the MIDI performance data is still in tact....it's just that none of the patches are remembered.....I'd say 8 times out of 10, this happens. Any ideas? DP bug? Omni bug?
Omnisphere 1 or 2? Omni 1 been working okay here so far (knocks on wood). One thing I do do as insurance is also do a save inside Omnisphere of the multi so I have it as a backup (especially if I want to use that same multi in another project).

Post by Topo »

2.... I have saved the multi's as well, but had some weirdness with that too.
musicman691 wrote: Omnisphere 1 or 2? Omni 1 been working okay here so far (knocks on wood). One thing I do do as insurance is also do a save inside Omnisphere of the multi so I have it as a backup (especially if I want to use that same multi in another project).
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Topo wrote:2.... I have saved the multi's as well, but had some weirdness with that too.
musicman691 wrote: Omnisphere 1 or 2? Omni 1 been working okay here so far (knocks on wood). One thing I do do as insurance is also do a save inside Omnisphere of the multi so I have it as a backup (especially if I want to use that same multi in another project).
Okay. I've been reading about various weirdness with Omni 2 since it came out. You expect problems to get missed during development in the initial release but it looks like there are still issues. Sadly, if past performance is any predictor of future performance, it will be a long time if ever that these things get fixed. It's things like this that keep me from moving up to Omni 2 which is sad because I like Omnisphere.

Post by Topo »

I suspect your right. I also wonder if the other quirk I encounter often, is an Omni 2 bug. I get a hesitation for a couple seconds, randomly, whereby attempting to adjust any parameter in DP freezes. It's almost as if the app or system, or processing of Omni is checking something in the background and won't allow anything to happen until that is done. It's annoying.
musicman691 wrote:
Okay. I've been reading about various weirdness with Omni 2 since it came out. You expect problems to get missed during development in the initial release but it looks like there are still issues. Sadly, if past performance is any predictor of future performance, it will be a long time if ever that these things get fixed. It's things like this that keep me from moving up to Omni 2 which is sad because I like Omnisphere.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dix »

I had the blank-instance problem a while back when I upgraded to 2(http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... e&start=15).

I don't remember what the steps were to correct this. Call Spectrasonics. They'll walk you through it.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Topo wrote:I suspect your right. I also wonder if the other quirk I encounter often, is an Omni 2 bug. I get a hesitation for a couple seconds, randomly, whereby attempting to adjust any parameter in DP freezes. It's almost as if the app or system, or processing of Omni is checking something in the background and won't allow anything to happen until that is done. It's annoying.
musicman691 wrote:
What exact version of OSX are you running? I had major issues with the latest security updates to OSX 10.9.5. Delays in having both DP 9.02 and PT11.3.1 respond to commands was just one thing.