VI not responding to volume in mixer

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

VI not responding to volume in mixer

Post by Topo »

None of my MIDI Omnisphere tracks are responding to fader movements. In fact, the mixer fader has no affect at all on them. I could have sworn this was working fine. What am I missing? My other VI's are OK, like my UVI Raven piano, Kontakt, etc.
thanks
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
musicman691

Re: VI not responding to volume in mixer

Post by musicman691 »

Topo wrote:None of my MIDI Omnisphere tracks are responding to fader movements. In fact, the mixer fader has no affect at all on them. I could have sworn this was working fine. What am I missing? My other VI's are OK, like my UVI Raven piano, Kontakt, etc.
thanks
What OSX version are you using? I had this happen a few months back after I applied the latest security update to OSX 10.9.5. Luckily I had a clone of the system from before the update and once I applied that everything was back to normal.

Post by Topo »

10.10.5. I have not done any updates recently. My other VI's are responding fine. I'll try a new project and see if it's associated with some weird corruption.
musicman691 wrote: What OSX version are you using? I had this happen a few months back after I applied the latest security update to OSX 10.9.5. Luckily I had a clone of the system from before the update and once I applied that everything was back to normal.
i7 2.93ghz iMac SSD & 16gb•DP7.2/9•StudioLive1642•Joe Meek 3Q•ADK Humburg T-67•ADK Vienna•Rode NT2•Taylor GS Koa limited•'71 Gibson Hummingbird•Fender Strat Plus w/lace sensors•Fender P bass•JBL 2325's•MOTU microlite•Tascam DAT•Alesis QS8•Yamaha U3•Ravenscroft 275 VI•Nord Piano•Specialized Stumpjumper Elite
rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rickorick »

Try MIDI Learn, Control Click on the Fader in Omnisphere and you should get a menu, one of the choices is MIDI Learn click on that and then move the fader on you mixing board that you want to control Omnisphere with. Repeat for all the others
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24

Post by Topo »

Great! That worked. Thanks Rick. Have you encountered anomalies whereby, an Omni Multi won't load properly? Or, you open a project and you have to manually re-assign all the patches?

rickorick wrote:Try MIDI Learn, Control Click on the Fader in Omnisphere and you should get a menu, one of the choices is MIDI Learn click on that and then move the fader on you mixing board that you want to control Omnisphere with. Repeat for all the others
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

I'm still on DP 7.24 and Mac OS 10.8.5 very stable everything still works like it should. I still use outboard MIDI and just Stylus & Omnisphere and a little BPM. I still have a mixer 24 ch with outboard compressors etc. so I kind of use DP like a tape machine.
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Here's to OS 10.8.5!

Post by Topo »

I always had excellent performance with 10.6.8 and DP 7.24. I'm considering going back, but I'd prefer for, bug free, stability to magically appear in 10.10 and DP9.
HCMarkus wrote:Here's to OS 10.8.5!

Post by Topo »

Heard the following from Motu tech link: We are currently working on fixing this bug. Please continue to check our website for updates. It will be fixed soon.

Hope it comes to pass asap