DP 9.02 copy/paste File Dialogs

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jlevymusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.02 copy/paste File Dialogs

Post by jlevymusic »

Hi all,

I'm seeing issues with 9.02 not recognizing copy and paste commands in the "Save As" and "Open File" dialogs. They don't work when using keyboards commands (Cmnd+C, Cmnd+V, Cmnd+A, etc). They seem to work if you go up into the edit menu and select them, but I can't get Keyboard Maestro to recognize them that way.

Anyone else seeing this, too?

Best,

Jeremy
Phil O

Re: DP 9.02 copy/paste File Dialogs

Post by Phil O »

I just noticed this today. Not a game changer, but a minor PIA. I've only noticed it in DP. Haven't had time to check any other apps. What OS are you running?

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Its been quite a while since they worked in DP. If ever. All other apps work fine. With my poor typing skills I sure WISH it would work. :)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Thanks, Labman. I was wondering about that. It's not a workflow I use frequently, but sometimes when there are a lot of files to create it's a time saver. I know I've used it in DP before but can't remember the last time I used it before yesterday.

Phil
Last edited by Phil O on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
jlevymusic

Post by jlevymusic »

They got it working again in one of the last point updates. It's something I use a lot in a macro routine to grab track name information and paste it into either file names or text fields in Finale.
musicbydesign1001

Post by musicbydesign1001 »

It worked for me in ALL DP versions except the newest - 9.0.2, I used it frequently when saving individual MIDI files and now have to (gasp!) actually type the file name in. Not using any macros or special key commands...