Edge Edit Scrubbing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Edge Edit Scrubbing

Post by bayswater »

In Audible Mode, edge editing scrubs a soundbite. But it seems to anticipate the audio that is about to come under the cursor, rather than auditioning the audio where the cursor it. Does the same in both directions. The scrub tool is doing the same thing. The difference between where the cursor is and what is played back appears to be roughly the size of the buffer in samples, but not exactly the same.

Is this how it is supposed to be? Why? Is it meant to help locate the onset of audio without overshooting?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Edge Edit Scrubbing

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but I generally use my eyes as much as my ears and seeing the waveform one can generally deduce the sound it's producing (with experience, of course). It doesn't bother me the way it is.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Re: Edge Edit Scrubbing

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I don't know how it's supposed to be, but I generally use my eyes as much as my ears and seeing the waveform one can generally deduce the sound it's producing (with experience, of course). It doesn't bother me the way it is.
Yes, just looking at the waveform to see where things are is easier than scrubbing, but I just wondered if there was a good reason to set it up this way that might make it useful if used properly. Like some holdover from tape, or something like that. I thought it might be something related to snap setting, but that makes no difference.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8