Tool Palette

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ec_pat5150
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tool Palette

Post by ec_pat5150 »

it's been a while since i've used DP. I'm using the drum editor with Superior Drummer 2.0.

I cant' remember how to keep the tool palette open and accessible. The manual tells me to select "tools" under the studio menu, or to hold down "Shift+O". Both make the palette appear for a fraction of a second and then it disappears.

What can i do to make it appear long enough to make a selection?
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3, Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt, Digital Performer 10.11
stringtheory

Re: Tool Palette

Post by stringtheory »

that is strange - on my setup, those commands open the tools window and keep it open. no idea why it would not work that way for you. maybe mess around with the tools window prefs a bit, see if that changes anything. the "vertical tool palette" and "position tool palette automatically" prefs can be unpredictable, in my experience.
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Tool Palette

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If nobody has responded to your posts in the other sections, you can delete them and save the moderators a bit of trouble.

Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS