DP9 & Melodyne 4 Studio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
guitardood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 & Melodyne 4 Studio

Post by guitardood »

Hi All,
I've got a small problem plaguing me with this setup. Essentially what is happening... Despite not having any Melodyne plugins inserted on any track, Melodyne shows up as the first instrument in the 'Bundles' screen on the instrument tab. I'm also using Superior Drummer, Steven Slate Drums 4, UVI's Falcon and Kontakt.

This would normally not be problem, but what is happening is if MAS gets restarted for some reason, the instrument bundles get hosed and all of the Aux tracks input mapping in my project revert to the Melodyne instrument and all of the created bundles for Superior and SSD4 get removed and I have to recreate them and remap from scratch. I've tried disabling the Melodyne plugins in Plug-In Manager and the instrument bundles persist. I've even gone so far as to move the Melodyne AU/VST/VST3 plugins to another folder to disable them and the Melodyne instrument bundles persist. This behavior has definitely only started happening since upgrading Melodyne to v4 Studio from v2 Editor.

In my workflow, I have only been using Melodyne as the 'External Wave Editor' and haven't gotten into using any of the new cooler features of the new version.

My question is, does anyone know where these Melodyne bundles are coming from and if/how I can turn off this Melodyne feature I'm not using? I haven't contacted either MOTU or Celemony yet, mainly because I don't know if this is a MOTU or Celemony issue and was hoping someone more familiar with DP's internals might be able to enlighten.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Actually, I went ahead and posed a support issue to Celemony after posting this here.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
guitardood

Re: DP9 & Melodyne 4 Studio

Post by guitardood »

Actually, I just found the through some research that the extra bundles were coming from ReWire devices (both Melodyne and Waves) and found location of the Melodyne ReWire plugin and was able to move it to a different spot to get my workflow back while either MOTU or Celemony try and figure out what is wrong with other bundles getting deleted at MAS restart.

Hope this helps someone else with this issue.

FYI: The ReWire plugins are stored, on Mac, in /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/. The Melodyne file is called 'MelodyneRewireDevice.bundle'. I was able to move this to a temporary folder to temporarily disable ReWire functionality.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
bayswater

Re: DP9 & Melodyne 4 Studio

Post by bayswater »

Thanks for posting this. I had a similar problem some time ago with rewire plugins that cluttered up the left side of the Bundles window. I'll be on the lookout for this when I update Melodyne.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8