Issue with chinks/sequences not working

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Studio Llama
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Issue with chinks/sequences not working

Post by Studio Llama »

Hi all

I'm having an issue with chunks and new sequences.

In the chunks window, I duplicated my current sequence as I want to do a remix but keep all the tracks, automation and processing in place.

The sequence copies over, however when I click on the mixer board form sequence window, it jumps back to Seq-1. If I go to sequence window, my new copied sequence is no longer there. The chunk has the blue arrow selected, however trying to use any other window will make it revert back to seq-1 thereby prohibiting any work...

Any advice much welcomed, G
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Issue with chinks/sequences not working

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'd start by deleting all plists (with DP NOT running at the time) and repairing permissions unless you're on El Cap. If that doesn't work, I'd reinstall DP.

OTOH, it could be a bad DP file so if you haven't already done so, try it in a new project. If it works then the file is bad and you should try to salvage anything you can via LOADING into the newer project or otherwise exporting your MIDI and audio data. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS