Plugins window turns white.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
NealF
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plugins window turns white.

Post by NealF »

Just upgraded to DP 9.1.

First I noticed that any VST plugin, the window was all white. I'd hear the plugin, but couldn't access the controls as the window was blank white. Got the VST turned off now.

Seemed like the AUS plugins were fine except now I'm seeing every now and then, those window got white as well. Sometimes the window will come back when I click on it.
MacPro5,1 6-Core Intel Xeon, Processor Speed: 3.46 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 32 GB. Mojave. DP 9 and Apogee Duet.
mikehalloran

Re: Plugins window turns white.

Post by mikehalloran »

Are you using older VSTs?

If they do not support Cocoa graphics, they will not be visible in DP 8/9 64bit but you will hear them. The MDA freebies come to mind.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
NealF

Post by NealF »

They probably are older.
But I noticed I had AU versions of the same VSTs so I disabled the VST ones.
That was okay except every now and then the AU ones are appearing as blank white windows.
With those, though, if I click on them the graphics come back.

So far it's not a major problem. Just wondering what's up with that.

Thanks.
MacPro5,1 6-Core Intel Xeon, Processor Speed: 3.46 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 32 GB. Mojave. DP 9 and Apogee Duet.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

This may be related - I had an issue the other day with parts of the Kontakt 5 gui missing (I happened to be calling up the Rick Bass library at the time to get my Lemmy on). Parts of the library gui were missing and just to check I opened K5 in standalone with the Rick Bass library and it was fine; also okay in ProTools. Go back to DP9.01 and I start looking through the tracks for anything strange. What had happened was that my 2-bus output had changed from the legitimate output it had been assigned to to something that doesn't exist (I didn't make that change) and once I changed it to where it was supposed to be the entire gui came back no problem.

I'd check track routings throughout the whole project and see if a re-assignment didn't happen all by itself.