Open Sound Control, and the DP Control Debacle

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Open Sound Control, and the DP Control Debacle

Post by cuttime »

James Steele wrote: Perhaps there's a similar app capable of sending Mac keystrokes, etc. :(
If one spends a little time with this it could be useful:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id564645608?ls=1&mt=8
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

Thanx for the detailed description James! I agree about the Chunk scrolling. I have requested/petitioned a live playlist function like Cakewalk's Jukebox for years from Motu. I love DP to pieces and a feature like this would be icing on the cake. I guess my search continues. Thanx again! Peace~Jeff

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
totallypunk

Post by totallypunk »

Man, I've been slow to update my phone for some time; I've been using the iphone 5 and have recently upgraded to 8 plus and got a new ipad as well JUST TO DISCOVER that Motu has not updated DP Control and it is no longer available ?!? How insane is this? I've gotten numerous notices to update to DP 9 (from 8) but now I can't remote to my laptop. What the hell gives? This is one of the most crucial aspects to what I do. After the genius bar upgraded me to a solid state drive, my fan has been working overtime and I have to record myself doing vocals in another room. What am I supposed to do, run a really long usb cable into the tracking room? I have clients !!! It already looks entirely stupid running a remote from an old iphone 5 and YES clients always ask me what DAW I'm running. The optics of not having DP CONTROL on an ipad is BAD for my business. IS there ANY news about this being upgraded to a current state? If I can't do a modern remote than I simply must end my run with DP (I have been using it since the late '90s). Does MOTU simply not understand the needs of their consumers?!? In the modern age, artists record THEMSELVES. Can anyone see how a wi-fi remote might fit into this workflow? Anyone?! Why, instead am I being urged to upgrade to 9 which doesn't have a whole lot of upgrades that I need. The thing I truly need is being ignored. BRING BACK DP CONTROL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!

thanks,

Adam

gomads@gmail.com
http://www.totallypunk.com
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

totallypunk wrote: After the genius bar upgraded me to a solid state drive, my fan has been working overtime and I have to record myself doing vocals in another room.
Just as an aside, it sounds like one of those geniuses left a sensor or cable disconnected. My experience with Apple stores has been less than stellar. I'd take it back and have them make it right.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31