2408mk3 Not Routing Correctly

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

2408mk3 Not Routing Correctly

Post by wonder »

I'm on Yosemite.

I have the latest versions of all the drivers installed from the MOTU website.

I'm using a 2408mk3.

In the MOTU PCI AUDIO SETUP, Im attempting to direct my Mac's Audio through Analog 1-2.
No matter what I select, the audio won't flow through the selected Default Outputs.
I've trashed the preferences. Restarted. Unplugged 2408. Repaired permissions.

When i start from scratch, the audio will be coming out of the 2408 but no through the correct selected outputs.

When I deselect ANY outputs on either Bank A,B, or C ... the audio will stop playing back completely.

Seems like something is super buggy.

Any suggestions?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Shooshie

Re: 2408mk3 Not Routing Correctly

Post by Shooshie »

Did it work before Yosemite?
What drivers are you using for it? Have you updated them lately?
If using Yosemite, I don't recommend using the El Capitan beta drivers, though I do not know if that will cause problems. It's just an unnecessary variable in the mix.

Have you changed its configurations lately? (Configuration file created by the driver of the 2408, accessible in the MOTU PCI Audio Setup utility)
Do you see anything unusual about it in Apple's Audio MIDI Setup?

If none of the above apply, call MOTU. There is a routine for resetting the device. They can walk you through it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
wonder

Re: 2408mk3 Not Routing Correctly

Post by wonder »

i FINALLY got this working.

Fingers crossed.

I updated drivers, deleted prefs, etc etc. No fix.

I took out the PCI card and put it in another slot and now it works as intended.

I'm thinking there was some default file or hidden file connecting to the PCI card in slot 2 and when I moved it, the computer acted like it had never seen the PCI card before so i got to start from scratch.

I'm on Yosemite.

Hope this helps someone else.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear