Setting More Than One Stop Time

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ggm1960
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Setting More Than One Stop Time

Post by ggm1960 »

Here's something that would be useful for me in live performance. Most of my chunks/sequences simply call up different patches used in the current song, ie; I load the next chunk and each MIDI track has bank/patch/sysex info for my synths, I hit play and it runs long enough to send these messages (I let it run two measures) and then it stops at the Stop I'd set in the memory bar. Now sometimes we have two songs so close back to back that I put more synth data on the other side of the stop point and hit Play again so we can keep going quickly with all new sounds/settings.
When I hit play that second time there is no way I know of for the sequence to stop again, it'll keep running until I hit stop.

I've looked in the manual but there only seems to be allowance for setting one stop point. It would be so cool if I could set two or more!
daniel.sneed

Re: Setting More Than One Stop Time

Post by daniel.sneed »

On my previous setup, I managed multiple stops in a single sequence:
- C8 notes in an IAC driver MIDI track.
- C8 was set to toggle play/pause in Command window. Used to work great for years.

But on my brand new setup I can't get it to work anymore. Don't know why. Both Macs are DP9.01 and OS10.10.5.

Maybe it will work for you...
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

daniel.sneed wrote:On my previous setup, I managed multiple stops in a single sequence:
- C8 notes in an IAC driver MIDI track.
- C8 was set to toggle play/pause in Command window. Used to work great for years.

But on my brand new setup I can't get it to work anymore. Don't know why. Both Macs are DP9.01 and OS10.10.5.

Maybe it will work for you...
I used to do that, too, or something like it; not sure exactly what I did, now, but that sounds familiar. No idea whether it still works, and don't want to set it up to find out. I think that's a good question for Magic Dave. The thing is, if I set it up and it did NOT work, I'd probably be left asking Dave, too, so might as well see if you can summon the Magic One in the first place.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm thinking markers might be the key here. Might take a bit of wrangling.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS