Pro Verb - where do the user IRs go?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Pro Verb - where do the user IRs go?

Post by Henry Robinett »

Reading one of these threads on reverbs I realized I have never used Pro Verb. I downloaded some free IRs. I'm an avowed Altiverb user. But what the hell. Can always use something else too. I have all these IRs but no place to put them. I read the manual and it says user/library/MOTU/ProVerb/Impulse Responses. That's it. There is no such folder. What do I have to do to install these IRs?

How do I install them and use them? Thanks in advance.

DP9
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
reedster

Re: Pro Verb - where do the user IRs go?

Post by reedster »

drag and drop into the proverb UI window -

I believe you need to match the type - if ProVerb's output is mono then you'll need a mono impulse

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... ze#p507734
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

Every time I go to the finder to get the file I want to drag and drop PV disappears. I go back to DP, close mixer, TO to make it easy to find, back to finder and PV disappears again. I can't figure out how to drag and drop.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Hmm. When I open the ProVerb window, it stays open as a move to Finder.

I'm double-clicking on it from the mixer insert to open the window.

I wonder if there is a preference to keep that window open somehow.

Dragging the IR's so the ProVerb window allows MOTU to "import" and configure as necessary, so it make sense (as opposed to populating a folder).

Having inputs and outputs assigned is also a pre-requisit to doing anything with ProVerb.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Basstrup

Post by Basstrup »

Here my explanation

https://youtu.be/kV9melNXc08
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6