Making Event List Speak

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Making Event List Speak

Post by lampfilmusic »

Just upgraded to DP9.

Event List window used to 'speak' its notes each time I clicked on a note. - A MIDI trigger was sent, to hear it.

In DP9 my Event List window doesn't speak when notes are slid through.

Have searched everywhere. How do I get the Event List window to speak again? I think it just used to be a matter of clicking on a little speaker icon, but I can't find this. Any ideas? - Thanks in advance. :?
davidh

Re: Making Event List Speak

Post by davidh »

That's called "Audible Mode". It is still invoked with a 'speaker' icon which is located in the main control strip at the top of the screen next to the metronome on/off icon.

Read more in the manual on pages 300/301
Mac Pro 'Nehalem' 2 x 2.66 Quad Core, 28GB, 10.11.6 || MacBook Pro 2.7 Intel Core i7 Retina, 16GB, 10.11.6 || MOTU 2408 Mk3, 828 Mk 2, MTP AV || DP 9.51 & 9.13, Mach 5 v3, MSI, Ethno2, MX4, VEPro6, all Spectrasonics, Kontakt ... and many of the other usual suspects.
http://www.thekeyboard.co.uk
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Also, if you are working with a VI, go to the VI's interface window, and in the mini-menu, enable "Run this instance in realtime." That's a little known, but pretty important setting for getting MIDI edits to "speak".
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

stubbsonic wrote:Also, if you are working with a VI, go to the VI's interface window, and in the mini-menu, enable "Run this instance in realtime." That's a little known, but pretty important setting for getting MIDI edits to "speak".

Or just leave the interface windows open while you're working with the VIs. That also runs them in real time until you close them again. That way you don't actually have to change the setting unless you want to.

Either way, be sure the little "speaker" icon is selected in the control panel.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|