original and user Time stamps Changes when importing audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
damiensalancon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

original and user Time stamps Changes when importing audio

Post by damiensalancon »

I am trying to import my cues for a tv series that i made on digital Performer into a fresh Digital performer sequence which will be the Music Edit session, meaning the session with all the cues from the episode.
importing the audio brings me this error message:

"Some of the timestamps are before the sequence start time. If you continue, any audio before the sequence star time will be chopped off."

I know that from time to time the import would mess up a few cues, but all in all it was working pretty well as long as one would export his files in Broadcast Wave.

I must have changed a setting or what; i have tested out this problem in so many ways, and i still haven't solved it. Different methods include:

-importing files drag and dropping, and with the import dialog
-importing files without auto copying them in new sequence's audio folder
-importing files on a sequence with movie already set up, including movie start time, and sequence start time.
importing files on a sequence without setting up movie and/or sequence start time

the two last tries are the weirdest of them all:

i took one of my sequences, let's say cue M12, made a copy of it, deleted every soundbite but kept the movie loaded with its Movie Start offsets and everything. When i import again the M12 mix, the time code has changed.....

If any one has a clue................

thanks a lot!
frankf

Re: original and user Time stamps Changes when importing aud

Post by frankf »

-Make sure the start time for the new sequence is the beginning of the episode/reel/film
-make sure the sequence(s) where the original cues were created had the correct start time
-try changing the user time stamps in the original sequence before bringing them into the new sequence.

It's essential that the sequence start times of the individual cues you create are derived from from the original film/episode/reel start time

I hope this is somewhat clear. Long day here.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the o/p's DP version and setup?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the o/p's DP version and setup?
Mac classic and DP 2 :smash:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang