What might cause this with older files?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

What might cause this with older files?

Post by labman »

When I open some file created in DP5 or DP6 (can't remember which they were done in), all is well in DP9.01 until I try to pop some window into consolidated. Or until 1 select one of our consolidated window sets. Then, in both cases, DP crashes to desktop.

Imported chunk into clean template, and same crash occurs.

Helpppppppp
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: What might cause this with older files?

Post by stubbsonic »

That's a drag. I wonder if you could try doing a few file commands before you open any windows.

Try saving, or try exporting to some other version then re-importing, or try saving as a smf then importing that.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
labman

Post by labman »

Some good ideas Stubbs. Did try doing some stuff prior to consolidated commands. And did 'saves' and 'save as'. Will try your other ideas.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

You may have to load the old projects into a new file using the LOAD menu. (File/Load)

They didn't used to do that. I'm famous for opening files dating back to the 1980s in the latest versions of DP, and I'm able to edit them, use CW, and everything. But I have not done that since upgrading to DP9. I'm hoping it's not a universal problem. Will give it a try when I can remember to do so.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Looks like that was tried (see OP)
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
labman

Post by labman »

It 'looks like' if I open the files first in DP 8.04, save, then when I open them in DP9.01, all is well with all our consolidate windows and window sets. (at least it fixed the one piece which is on deadline) So I am back to work. :woohoo:

Good line of thinking Stubbs and folks. Appreciated.