DP 9 soft synths max out gain and weird MIDI notes

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
monstertaxi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 soft synths max out gain and weird MIDI notes

Post by monstertaxi »

I just upgraded from 8 to 9 and even did the 9.01.
No problem with mixing plugins (I do lots of compilation mastering).

BUT, when I open DP files from 8 in new 9 that contain various soft synths, several work WEIRD.
I noticed the Arturia stuff is MAXED out volume. Even the NI's Battery maxes out volume. My Spire soft synth plays OFF. For example, if the note suppose to start on the first of the bar, it starts quarter note later. I first played with the Buffer and other stuff, but weird. All of my third party plugins are up to date. Why such the weirdness?

What gives????
Jason Klein
Miami, Florida
www.monstertaxi.com

Mac Mini Quad Core, DP 9.01, UA Apollo, lots of old classic synths and keyboards.
stubbsonic

Re: DP 9 soft synths max out gain and weird MIDI notes

Post by stubbsonic »

Makes me wonder if your audio unit cache and prefs got messed up.

The good news is that might not have an effect on your original projects.

As our good friend Mike H would suggest, you might try: reinstalling DP, then going into your Disk Utility and doing a repair permissions.

If that doesn't fix it, you may have to do some MOTU DP preference trashing. I think I'd prefer it if more experienced folks would advise you on that. I've done it many times, but I'd hate to have you trash something if it was unrelated and caused you extra work resetting prefs.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
monstertaxi

Post by monstertaxi »

alright, I found the solution (spoke with MOTU).

On SETUP, go to Event Chasing and just press CLEAR. This fixed all my problems. Once I clicked this, I just adjusted down the volume and then it worked well.
Jason Klein
Miami, Florida
www.monstertaxi.com

Mac Mini Quad Core, DP 9.01, UA Apollo, lots of old classic synths and keyboards.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

AH! That makes sense! Somehow the defaults for chasing were having you hear weird notes & settings!

Glad you got it sorted!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

monstertaxi wrote:alright, I found the solution (spoke with MOTU).

On SETUP, go to Event Chasing and just press CLEAR. This fixed all my problems. Once I clicked this, I just adjusted down the volume and then it worked well.
Outstanding!! Thanks so much for this post!

I just got Arturia's CS80 a few weeks ago, and noticed that most of the presets were just too loud, overloading the track. I would turn them down, only to have them come up again on next launch, even when I saved. I was convinced it was Arturia's fault, since that's the only instrument I've ever purchased from them.. but now I know.. will try this today!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.