Anyone try E-Cap 11.1 yet for DP AU issues?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Anyone try E-Cap 11.1 yet for DP AU issues?

Post by Tonio »

sorry for the OT, but anyone needing a source for older OS installer ie. Mavericks, Yosemite, I 've got one. DMG or ISO DVD- I used the dmg, and it installs the recovery partition too.
I have tested the Yosemite on an external, and updated an appears its good.

PM me if need you the source. :D

T
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Tonio wrote:sorry for the OT, but anyone needing a source for older OS installer ie. Mavericks, Yosemite, I 've got one. DMG or ISO DVD- I used the dmg, and it installs the recovery partition too.
I have tested the Yosemite on an external, and updated an appears its good.

PM me if need you the source. :D

T
I'll add that it's not a bad idea to download each of OS X updates, including the first x.0 install application, and the final combo update. Even if you don't install them right away, you've always got them if needed.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

bayswater wrote:
Phil O wrote:
bayswater wrote:So I'd conclude that if resetting the SMC is not required to get Y to work, it would not be the issue preventing EC to restart.
First off, resetting the SMC can't hurt anything. And second, Mike has helped me out of a couple of situations like this that didn't make any sense. He has the advantage of lots of experience with lots of Macs. Sometimes experience trumps logic. Just try what he suggests. You may be pleasantly surprised. :wink:

Phil
I certainly will try it. I just like to understand what I'm doing, rather than flying blind. It will be a little while though: right now my priority is getting all my data, mail, settings, etc in shape under Yosemite, with a usable backup.
Resetting the SMC didn't work. I have a working Yosemite partition now with a backup, and a working DP9 install, so that's the end of that little adventure.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

E-Cap sailing smoothly on my setup. All my plugs do fine.

I've seen much of an improvement in performances.
App launch and VI loading times are significantly reduced.
Everything is more responsive than it was on Yosemite.

Just an example: MiroslavPhil./32Lives plays without any audio artifact, even on low buffers.

BTW, all my iZotope plugs behave fine (some are very last yesterday's releases).

I miss my Menumeters, which may never come back, though...
Learning to rely on DP performance meter again.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Prime Mover wrote:I missed Yosemite because I was too scared/lazy... looks like it'll be a LONG TIME before I leave Mavericks.
RogerLinnDesign's stellar AdrenaLinn Sync plug-in only works through 10.9.5; I managed to downgrade from Yosemite to Mavericks by finding my final 10.6.8 clone, and upgrading that one, and I'm so glad I did. 32Lives is a lifesaver too. I no longer am using jBridge, though that was a big help for some time. I'll probably be upgrading my MacPro to Mav also.

It's strange holding back on a major upgrade because of one plug-in, but this one's worth it in my case. I haven't seen a downside yet, although I did like the happier somehow splash screen of 10.10 :)
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Made the switch to El Capitan as Line 6 fixed the audio driver, but found my 5 button mouse no longer worked as the Microsoft Intellimouse software does not work in El Capitan. And then found that Split View only works when Displays have Separate Spaces - which I don't use with an extra monitor. Disk Utilities has changed and you can't repair permissions separately anymore. I am wondering what the fuss is about - frankly don't bother updating until you really need to as I can't see much advantage for the DP user. Annoyed about the Mouse !

DP9 seems to work okay at the moment - it's not "snappier".

Bias Peak Pro 7 still works in El Capitan! Remember all the wailing when Bias folded and stopped supporting it? How many years ago was that? It still works - slightly better than under Yosemite actually.

Toontrack plug ins still seem to work fine. Korg M1 and Wavestation Legacy, and Arturia Mini Moog all seem to work.

So unless you really need the new features of El Capitan, I would stick with Yosemite for now.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.