disappearing cursor

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kdhymes
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

disappearing cursor

Post by kdhymes »

Hi. This morning in DP9 (and yes I restarted program and iMac) I find that the cursor is behaving oddly. I'll try to describe the behavior to the best of my ability, not being a very visual person. First, there's a little green "aura" around the cursor normally when placing it at the top of the timeline in the tracks window, which tells you that it will set the position of the vertical line indicating start time. This green aura is gone, and also there is no vertical line in the tracks timeline, even when it playing back, which it is doing normally.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this, and what I might do to correct it. Possibly I did something stupid, I did try to figure out the auto-scroll settings yesterday, so that seems suspiciously coincidental. I'm working around the issue by just entering start times with the keypad, but it's disturbing and a little inconvenient to have no cursor :o) Any suggestions are welcomed.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: disappearing cursor

Post by Shooshie »

• Are you sure you're looking at the active window? If you have two copies of the same song, as in a "back-up" chunk along with the main chunk, you may have the backup chunk open, thinking that you're looking at the identical active chunk. Naturally, you'd see no cursor in that window.

• You may also have changed your cursor (Auto-Scroll) settings in the Preferences.

• You may also have turned off the auto-scroll button in the Control Panel.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|