DP9 launches, I'm asked to login to iCloud

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 launches, I'm asked to login to iCloud

Post by David Polich »

Yesterday when I first launched DP, I was presented with dialog boxes asking me to login to
iCloud and Facetime. I clicked "Cancel" for both boxes, since the answer was no, I don't want to
login to iCloud or Facetime.

Has anyone else encountered this? I've never seen this happen before.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
bayswater

Re: DP9 launches, I'm asked to login to iCloud

Post by bayswater »

Yes, I've seen it, but I think it was just a coincidence that it happened when you launched DP. I've had all my Macs ask me recently to log into the various Apple services like iCloud, messaging, etc. Maybe Apple did a security based reset on access forcing people to enter passwords. Each time I did it, I got notices that a "new" device had logged in.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

My studio computer isn't usually online, and I get those prompts all the time recently. iTunes too tells my my session has expired. Fairly annoying.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Many of these go away if you change the settings inSystem Preferences Notifications.

Some do not.

Since the DP 8/9 license manager phones home, you may have set or blocked something that affects this.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll try the suggestions and see if this happens again.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

It kind of freaked me out a little the first few times I saw that. I thought it was a phishing virus trying to steal my passwords. Turns out it was just Apple getting me to restate the obvious. I mean, they know my password. I know my password. Why do we have to do this dance? I don't keep it in a shortcut, so I have to type it each time, and it's long and involved, and I change it now and then, so it's a point of insecurity with me. I don't like having to type the password any more often than necessary. But we must respect the wishes of our dear Mothership.

Um... whazzat? Oh. Ok. You sure? Tell them all? Ok.
She says to tell you that we must all buy more of the big iPads and more Apple Watches. She says our health depends on it, and we MUST buy them very soon.

Eh? Whatzit? More subtle? Ok. She says to be more subtle about it.

"Perfect," she says.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:
That's what I do. :oops:
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

mikehalloran wrote:Many of these go away if you change the settings inSystem Preferences Notifications.

Some do not.

Since the DP 8/9 license manager phones home, you may have set or blocked something that affects this.
The license manager does an ET and phones home? Not had that happen since initial install and not had happen being asked to login to any online Apple services.