Audio Driver Not Loading?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tommypenngotti
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Driver Not Loading?

Post by tommypenngotti »

I'm using my macbook for editing away from home on DP 8 & the audio driver says not loading now . Not using interface on macbook , just headphones . Any clues ? Guessing I'll have to reload DP because something is messed up in the audio library? Thanks
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9
Shooshie

Re: Audio Driver Not Loading?

Post by Shooshie »

tommypenngotti wrote:I'm using my macbook for editing away from home on DP 8 & the audio driver says not loading now . Not using interface on macbook , just headphones . Any clues ? Guessing I'll have to reload DP because something is messed up in the audio library? Thanks
Have you configured DP for the Mac's internal audio?
If it's set to use the interface, and said interface does not appear, then DP might throw up an alert saying that the driver has not loaded. But if you configure it for internal audio/headphones, it might load it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Setup menu/Configure Audio System/Configure Hardware Driver...

Note that you can choose more than one, so for example, if you want the built-in microphone and the built-in output you can choose both.

At some point, I was getting annoyed because DP would (in the absence of my interface) default to Airplay, the first in the list-- rather than built-in. Didn't used to do that, but I might not have had Airplay enabled as a choice before. But that is unrelated to your concerns.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
tommypenngotti

Post by tommypenngotti »

Problem solved , that did it guys . Not sure how it got turned around?! Thank you very much!
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9