Error message "Master Pointer was nil (-109)"

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Error message "Master Pointer was nil (-109)"

Post by stringtheory »

i'm getting this error in a new project, begun last week. no old clippings. i create a new Startup Clipping window, and it looks good, but when i drag a file (a MainStage alias) into it, nothing happens. in the finder, i see a generic looking icon for the alias in the folder, but nothing in the clipping window itself. if i switch from DP to another app, then back, i get the (-109) error. if i close the project, it won't reopen - the DP Open File dialog box just blinks. if i then delete the Clippings folder from the project folder, it opens normally. reporting to MOTU.
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
smashprod
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Error message "Master Pointer was nil (-109)"

Post by smashprod »

Hi All-

I Googled my way to this thread when I got the dreaded old (-109) with DP 11 today, and it was a problem with a clipping file! I looked in Library>Preferences>MOTU Clippings>DP Clippings, and sure enough, there was a bad alias in the folder. Had a MoTU tech on the line as I did it, so he's now aware that when people get "Master Pointer was nil (-109)", check the Clippings folder first.