DP9.01 - Display problems & Slow (er) than DP8

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bwroberts
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP9.01 - Display problems & Slow (er) than DP8

Post by bwroberts »

Hello. Is anyone else having display issues with DP9.01 on OS 10.9.5 ? Once I installed, I noticed sections of my template, especially in the mixing board, would not show properly (as if greyed out). Hovering over the area and clicking something will reveal the hidden parts section by section, and sometimes a restart will fix it globally, but it is a mystery. In addition, the problem now happens in DP8 when I reopen the files there.

Also, I noticed DP9 is slower than DP8 (there is a noticeable lag when I press PLAY on DP9 that never existed in previous versions). Note: This is assuming all settings are the same in both versions of DP, and I am opening up identical files...this also happen on multiple other files.

I have wracked my brain around it and the only thing I can think of is the template size (over 500 tracks of MIDI and quite a bit of routing) or some sort of corrupted display file when DP updated from 8 to 9.

Any thoughts would be incredibly helpful. Thanks in advance.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9.01 - Display problems & Slow (er) than DP8

Post by bayswater »

I did experience slow screen updates with DP 9.00 on a iMac, but not on a MBP. I was using OS 10.10 at the time of the update. Changing the setting for Max Work Percent fixed it for me. I think I lowered it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
bwroberts
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP9.01 - Display problems & Slow (er) than DP8

Post by bwroberts »

Thanks! I will try this and see. Much appreciated.
BR