DP9 and PT11 running on same system.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Clem Fandango
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 and PT11 running on same system.

Post by Clem Fandango »

Hi all,

After a period of some 4 years away from DP due to setting up a commercial studio and opting for PT due to its widespread use by other commercial studios, engineers, producers etc. I'm looking at running both DAWs on the same machine in the event that Pro Tools cripples non subscription customers.
Are there any reports of incompatibility running both on the same machine? (Not at the same time I might add).

I will be running it on a 2013 iMac with 32 GB ram. OS Mavericks, I/O is an apogee symphony. With Pro Tools 11.3.1

Thank you in advance!
Morpheo

Re: DP9 and PT11 running on same system.

Post by Morpheo »

Clem Fandango wrote:Hi all,

After a period of some 4 years away from DP due to setting up a commercial studio and opting for PT due to its widespread use by other commercial studios, engineers, producers etc. I'm looking at running both DAWs on the same machine in the event that Pro Tools cripples non subscription customers.
Are there any reports of incompatibility running both on the same machine? (Not at the same time I might add).

I will be running it on a 2013 iMac with 32 GB ram. OS Mavericks, I/O is an apogee symphony. With Pro Tools 11.3.1

Thank you in advance!
I've been running with Pro Tools and DP for years. Both run perfectly fine together. I have yet to upgrade to PT12, so for now I'm using DP 9.01 and PT 11.3.1. Often I have both open with large projects - no problem whatsoever (except for Reason and Rewire which can only link to the first one launched)
Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 2.4 GHz//40GB RAM//RX 560//macOS 10.13.6//SSDs//MOTU 896//Keylab 88//Faderport 8
Pro Tools 2018.7//LPX 10.4.1//DP 9.51
NI Komplete Ultimate 11//Albion One//Soundiron Choirs//Pianoteq//Analog Lab//VSL SE & Chamber Strings//etc
Clem Fandango

Post by Clem Fandango »

Thanks Morpheo! Appreciate the info!

All the best!
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

Fine here also over the years !
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Clem Fandango wrote:Hi all,

Thank you in advance!
PT11.3.1 and DP9.01 working fine in OSX 10.9.5.