MIDI gets recorded too late

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chadd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI gets recorded too late

Post by chadd »

I'm recording MIDI in a project with only 2 instances of Kontakt and 2 MIDI tracks. There are no other plugins in the project, my buffer is set to 64, and I can't perceive any latency when I play.

When I record, the MIDI gets recorded almost an eighth note later than when I play it. It sounds good on the record pass, but when I go back and play the recording, everything is late relative to the click track and other tracks.

Sync Recorded MIDI to Patch Thru is turned on, and turning it off doesn't fix it. Input Quantize is off.

Audio records without any such delay.

This is the first project I've recorded MIDI in since upgrading to Yosemite from Mountain Lion last weekend.

Any ideas?
2022 Mac Studio, 32GB RAM, OS 12.6, DP 11.2, Metric Halo LIO-8/4p, micro lite, EWQLSO Gold, Waves Gold, Komplete 6, Stylus RMX, Slate VCC & VTM
HCMarkus

Re: MIDI gets recorded too late

Post by HCMarkus »

Reinstall DP?
chadd

Post by chadd »

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see it until I already stumbled upon a solution.

I decided to try repairing permissions on the boot drive, and noticed that "repair permissions" was greyed out in Disk Utility for my boot drive. The drive had somehow been set to ignore permissions at some point, which didn't seem right for a boot drive. I turned permissions back on and repaired them.

That fixed the MIDI timing issue. It also seems to have fixed a problem I was having with the Finder crashing during shut down, which was forcing me to turn the Mac off with the power button.
2022 Mac Studio, 32GB RAM, OS 12.6, DP 11.2, Metric Halo LIO-8/4p, micro lite, EWQLSO Gold, Waves Gold, Komplete 6, Stylus RMX, Slate VCC & VTM
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Sweet!