Record Click Problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cowtothesky
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Record Click Problem

Post by cowtothesky »

Hey all,
This is probably a stupid question, but I am frustrated and need your help. I did something inadvertently and my record click only clicks on the whole notes, when I want them on the quarter notes. I have gone in to the preference, under click defaults and chose a preset click, clicked done, and went back to see if it worked. Nope. It is still clicking on the whole notes only. I have looked at all of the preferences, right clicked everything I though was pertinent, and cannot find a solution.

What am I missing here?
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
buzzsmith

Re: Record Click Problem

Post by buzzsmith »

Try the Conductor event list. You should have options to set the click values under the mini-menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

Thanks! Didn't know you could change it in the conductor event menu. I wonder why the default is to hit the whole notes? That is really weird.

But, your suggestion has me working. I appreciate the help!
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

yamguitar

Post by yamguitar »

I'm sure you already checked this, but what about the two volume settings for clicks? Could one be turned all the way down, or using a sample that's missing or just inaudible in the context of whatever else you're listening to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac Retina 5K, 32GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 • MOTU M6 • DP 11.31, Reason 12.7.4, Dorico Elements 5.1