Event List issues

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
massimosammi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Event List issues

Post by massimosammi »

Hello there,
I have an issue with the event list:
- I select the MIDI notes - both in the tracks window, by selecting the phrase and also by selecting them in the sequence or MIDI editor;
- I open the even list window and I make sure "Note" is selected, but nothing appears;
- If I overdub some MIDI CC data, they appear also if "Note" is selected, and they don't go away regardless of what I select.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Shooshie

Re: Event List issues

Post by Shooshie »

massimosammi wrote:Hello there,
I have an issue with the event list:
- I select the MIDI notes - both in the tracks window, by selecting the phrase and also by selecting them in the sequence or MIDI editor;
- I open the even list window and I make sure "Note" is selected, but nothing appears;
- If I overdub some MIDI CC data, they appear also if "Note" is selected, and they don't go away regardless of what I select.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Are all your windows in the Consolidated Window? Or are you using independent windows? If the latter, it's easy to get confused and use a window from another chunk which will seem unresponsive, since it's not the currently active window for the chunk you're in. Some windows update when you change chunks. (Mixing board, for example) Some don't. (MIDI Editor, for example)

Probably not the reason, but I thought it was worth a try.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
b.g.

Post by b.g. »

The pick list in the Event Editor chooses the type of event to be added. I don't think it is a view filter. As to why you don’t see any notes in the Event Editor, not sure, but check the View Filter. Also, the View Filter has two modes—Global or Event List.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
cleamon

Post by cleamon »

b.g. wrote:The pick list in the Event Editor chooses the type of event to be added. I don't think it is a view filter. As to why you don’t see any notes in the Event Editor, not sure, but check the View Filter. Also, the View Filter has two modes—Global or Event List.
Yep.

----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
massimosammi

Post by massimosammi »

Hello thanks a lot I figured out it was the View Filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk