Anyone else having issues with Virus TI plugin and DP 9.01?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chlorinedream
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone else having issues with Virus TI plugin and DP 9.01?

Post by chlorinedream »

I reported this to MOTU support. Curious if anyone else is seeing this issue...

If I have the Virus TI plugin enabled (latest version 5.1.3) and open an existing or new file in DP, DP will crash when it gets to the Virus plugin during it's plugin check. It will do this a few times, then finally boot up successfully after the 3rd or 4th try.

If I deactivate the plugin, DP opens and performs fine.

I'm guessing it's due to the Virus software still being a beta. Anyone running this combo successfully? I'm on the latest Mac OS.
__________________________________________________________________________________
iMac 27" (20,1 2020), 3.6 GHz Core i9, 64GB Ram, OS 12.6.1, MOTU 828es, 2TB SSD, DP v11.21+92248
David Polich

Re: Anyone else having issues with Virus TI plugin and DP 9.

Post by David Polich »

Unbdoubtedly it's the Virus software that is the culprit.

I recommend contacting Access tech support about it. It's their responsibility.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Let me save you the call. They're going to say, "yeah, well.... it's a beta."
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
paddyryan

Post by paddyryan »

I've been trying to use the TI plugin with DP for nine years. It has never been anything but a horrible exercise in frustration. I keep hoping that the newer OS, Virus Software, or DP version will finally provide a working integration, but it seems to have become worse rather than better!

It used to be pretty much just timing issues, but that has deteriorated to the point of it crashing DP...basically not working at all.

I make sure that the TI plugins are removed from my library. It would be an amazing thing it if worked, but it's really not worth the time. Its a nightmare.

One day when I am bored I may try it hosted in VEP....just for fun....
Mac Pro 8 Core/OSX 10.10/DP8.06/28 gigs RAM/2 x2408MkIII/MTP-AV/Yamaha 02R96/UAD2/Waves Mercury/Komplete/PLAY/Wavearts/ etc etc
chlorinedream

Post by chlorinedream »

Access did just release a new beta that's compatible with Sierra. But I think developing for the Virus is no longer a priority for them.
__________________________________________________________________________________
iMac 27" (20,1 2020), 3.6 GHz Core i9, 64GB Ram, OS 12.6.1, MOTU 828es, 2TB SSD, DP v11.21+92248