DP9 Continuous data bug ?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ishe55
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP9 Continuous data bug ?

Post by ishe55 »

Continous controllers show up in MIDI Monitor no problem, yet get neither patched thru nor recorded on MIDI tracks, regardless of the Input Filter setup. Anyone experienced it ?
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9 Continuous data bug ?

Post by Shooshie »

Using 9.01 here. All controllers record and play back normally, as they always did. (I couldn't work if they didn't)

Check routing, check settings of hardware controller as well as those in DP. Not sure what to tell you.

There's one [very] remote possibility. Maybe you're using a controller that is normally considered a switch, and you don't have the preference set to change it to continuous data. For example, Controller 64 (sustain) was originally considered a single switch on/off. It still is if you use a plain footswitch for it. But you can get pedal effects if you use continuous data and an expression pedal for it, but you have to set the preferences to "switches are continuous data."

If the preference is not set, all those switches will record in a narrow space between the continuous data panel and the piano roll in the MIDI Editor Window. Perhaps it's recording there, but you don't see it, because you're expecting it to be in the lower panel for continuous data.

Like I said, it's a long shot.

Another long shot: your ramp density is set to some astronomically high number. Or maybe your Input Filter or View Filter is set to filter out continuous data, and you're somehow missing it.

Sorry; I'm probably not helping much at this point. But rest assured that it works in DP 9.01.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9 Continuous data bug ?

Post by Shooshie »

Another possibility: are you in the correct MIDI Editor? If you open an independent MIDI Editor, then change chunks, the MIDI Editor does not update to reflect the new chunk. It's still the editor for the previous chunk, so recording and playback do not affect it. You have to open the MIDI Editor for the current chunk, thereby having two ME windows open.

Hey... if I keep guessing, sooner or later I'm bound to hit upon the reason it's not working for you!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|