Recording issue in DP9

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Recording issue in DP9

Post by Killahurts »

It's happened to me several times now, so I thought it worth reporting:

I go to record on a track (usually by pressing 3 on the extended keyboard, but sometimes record on the MCU type controller), and it records a very small section of audio, then stops. I have not measured the time of what it records, but it is small, like half a second or less.

Undo, then try again works every time, so far.

Seems like it started with 9.01, but I didn't do a lot of tracking with 9.0, so I don't know.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Recording issue in DP9

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Haven't seen that but I'd try changing to internal Mac inputs and shut your audio interface to force DP to use the internal Mac clock. It's a wild guess but if the clicking is defective or not getting a clean signal it could stop the recording in its boots.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Killahurts

Re: Recording issue in DP9

Post by Killahurts »

Thanks! I don't suspect the clock, because I'm getting great recordings otherwise (no clicking, popping, etc.). What I do suspect at this point is PunchGuard. It has a post roll of 1 second.. I think I'll change that to something longer and see if it makes any difference. It only happens about 1 out of every 8-10 times or so, that I hit record.

Not too big a worry though, isn't stopping work or anything.. just a curious little glitch.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.