Mackie Control users please chime in

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mackie Control users please chime in

Post by Killahurts »

towerproductions wrote:I recently had an issue with two sessions in DP 8.07 where one my tracks would become stuck in record ready even after it was disengaged, it would continue to arm itself. It too was a heavy processed session with Plugins and VIs. After lots of trouble shooting, restarting , copying and duplication the track , loading the sequence into a new project etc., and finally a talk with motu tech support, I found disconnecting my two Mackie MCUs from DP resolved the issue .
The MCUs generally work fine for me in DP, but I assume some weird messages were being sent to DP from the Mackie.
While we're talking about it.. Ive had a problem for a long time, I think starting with DP8. Whenever I would do pitch automation (on any track), any fader automation (on that or any other track) would have severe audible "hiccups" while actually writing the fader. Once the volume change had been written, the track would play back normally, with the automation sounding as it should. I haven't done enough pitch/track automation in DP9 yet to know if it's been fixed. Don't know if it has affected others.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.