Changing multiple edit points at the same time

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ski spiggy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Changing multiple edit points at the same time

Post by ski spiggy »

Hi all.

Many years ago before DAWs, I used Emajic Logic Score to do MIDI drums. If I wanted to change a whole series of notes volumes, I would select them, pick one, and type in the raised or lowered value. All the other highlighted volumes would change by the same amount.

I have tried so many ways to do this very simple editing procedure in DP and I can't do it.
You can select the volume changes in the sequence window and move all of them up or down, but you are restricted to very large changes. You can not move them up or down by say .5db.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spigg

PS. I am talking about audio tracks. I don't know if you can do this in MIDI tracks because I don't use them.
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core 3.46ghz. 24 gig ram. OS 10.11.6. DP 8. Soundtoys, Waves api. Vallhalla Room.
frankf

Re: Changing multiple edit points at the same time

Post by frankf »

Select Audio Volume data, then: Region menu>Change Continuous Data, check Audio Volume, then type in amount of change in the value box. Same for your MIDI drums but instead of Audio Volume, check Controller 7

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

ski spiggy wrote:You can select the volume changes in the sequence window and move all of them up or down, but you are restricted to very large changes. You can not move them up or down by say .5db.
In the Sequence Editor, if the track height is relatively large, you can select any number of volume events, and with a click-hold on one of them, move them all them by 0.1db, as long as they are in the range of -25db to +6db. At -30db you can still get changes of about 0.3 db. You can use any of the selected events, so if there is at least one of them in the upper range, you should be able to easily move by .5db.

Another way to come at it is with automation in Trim mode. If you hold down the command key when moving the fader during Trim automation write, you can change the level by a few hundredths of a db.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
ski spiggy

Post by ski spiggy »

Thanks so much Frank. Too easy. Just shows you should always ask rather than just plug along irritated.
Bayswater, yep, that can work. But my projects are huge, and the amount you can expand a track gets smaller and smaller as the project gets bigger. But thanks anyway.

Spigg
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core 3.46ghz. 24 gig ram. OS 10.11.6. DP 8. Soundtoys, Waves api. Vallhalla Room.