DP 9.01 - duplicates of plugins after install

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.01 - duplicates of plugins after install

Post by David Polich »

Here's a weird one...after installing DP 9.01, I have two of most (but not all) of my plugins.
I think the list is showing both VST and AU versions, but it also shows two of most of the MAS plugins. I can't figure this out.

It doesn't interfere with work flow or cause any real issues. It's just weird. Anyone else notice it
on their system? Could be a quirk with my system.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Guitar Gaz

Re: DP 9.01 - duplicates of plugins after install

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I've checked mine and there appears to be no duplicates in the MAS plugins - so maybe a quirk in your system - are they all the same or are some from earlier versions of DP maybe?
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

No, other than the usual two versions with an insert on a mono channel.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

My system was showing two installs of the app, even though all I had was one. I trashed it, then reinstalled, and it seems to have fixed the issue.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Ok, I figured it out. On a mono track,opening up the plug-in VI list box and expanding it all the way to the right, I see that each plug-in or VI is now listed as both a mono and mono-to-stereo version. So this must be something introduced in 9.01...because with a few exceptions (like Amplitube, UAD, etc.) I did not see two versions of almost every plugin or VI before.

OR, perhaps this was also in DP 9.0.0, but I missed a preferences setting or something like that.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

David Polich wrote:Ok, I figured it out. On a mono track,opening up the plug-in VI list box and expanding it all the way to the right, I see that each plug-in or VI is now listed as both a mono and mono-to-stereo version. So this must be something introduced in 9.01...because with a few exceptions (like Amplitube, UAD, etc.) I did not see two versions of almost every plugin or VI before.

OR, perhaps this was also in DP 9.0.0, but I missed a preferences setting or something like that.
I've always seen mono and mono to stereo versions of a significant proportion of my plugins, including those included with DP, wherever a plugin that might have different output for left and right channels is applied to a mono channel.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8