Very Minor issue in DP9... splash screen gone

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
musicman691

Re: Very Minor issue in DP9... splash screen gone

Post by musicman691 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Still happening here. MOTU confirmed it in a tech link.
Have you heard anything back from MOTU on this? Been getting it intermittently in DP9.01
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Over on the DUC I ran into this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374904
where people were getting blank PT session icons. Chief Technician who is one of the moderators over there put up a link to rebuild launch services but that link only talked about duplicate icons if one does an right click and 'open with' operation and sees multiple entries for one program. I've not tried it yet so can't vouch for it's suitably to fix the issue mentioned here. Just passing it along in hopes maybe someone has any thoughts on this.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I don't see the connection to this thread at the link you provided.

As far as I 'm concerned, the lack of a splash screen is a non-issue.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I don't see the connection to this thread at the link you provided.

As far as I 'm concerned, the lack of a splash screen is a non-issue.
There are two connections to this thread: the missing/blank DP session icons and the duplicate entries in the 'open with' right click menu. The splash screen is only one thing mentioned here and that branched out to the other issues I cited.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Funny thing; the splash screen was gone in DP9.0, but it came back in 9.01. Mine is plenty healthy. It's the same image as the cover of the manual. Kind of "floats." I have no idea what brought it back. In any case, it's not a universal bug.

Here's the first splash screen:

Followed by the second, which uses Andy's Gotham Theme (still held over from DP8, but working fine):

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Shooshie wrote:Funny thing; the splash screen was gone in DP9.0, but it came back in 9.01. Mine is plenty healthy. It's the same image as the cover of the manual. Kind of "floats." I have no idea what brought it back. In any case, it's not a universal bug.

Here's the first splash screen:

Followed by the second, which uses Andy's Gotham Theme (still held over from DP8, but working fine):

Shooshie
Thanks for the posting. BTW - I noticed the Union Pacific, grade crossing, what looks like a steam engine and maybe another railroad related icon on the desktop. Nice :D I'm a New York Central, NYNH&H and CPRail guy myself.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

musicman691 wrote:BTW - I noticed the Union Pacific, grade crossing, what looks like a steam engine and maybe another railroad related icon on the desktop. Nice :D I'm a New York Central, NYNH&H and CPRail guy myself.
You'd love what came in the mail this morning. A DVD called "Hudsons along the Hudson!" But it's not limited to Hudsons. It includes Niagaras and Pacifics, and includes the Dreyfuss Hudsons. And... it's in COLOR! For the uninitiated, a Hudson is a steam locomotive with the wheel arrangement 4-6-4, which means four pilot wheels, 6 drivers, and 4 trailing wheels. It made a fast and agile passenger locomotive, and was the wheel arrangement the NYC chose to streamline with the iconic look created by Henry Dreyfuss, one of the big names in streamline design, and of the Art Deco period in general. His rival, Raymond Loewy, the designer of the Pennsylvania RR's streamliners and passenger trains, was more flamboyant and better known, but Dreyfuss's Hudson is probably the most famous and iconic steam locomotive image in history.

Shooshie

PS: dig that poster: 16 hours from New York to Chicago! Funny... I think I've matched that on some airlines during holiday peaks, but without the luxurious appurtenances. Also, its reflection in water is significant. It reminds you that this is the "water-level route." It follows the slow Hudson River with few hills or grades, so you get great scenery while flying along at top speeds.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Shooshie wrote:
musicman691 wrote:BTW - I noticed the Union Pacific, grade crossing, what looks like a steam engine and maybe another railroad related icon on the desktop. Nice :D I'm a New York Central, NYNH&H and CPRail guy myself.
You'd love what came in the mail this morning. A DVD called "Hudsons along the Hudson!" But it's not limited to Hudsons. It includes Niagaras and Pacifics, and includes the Dreyfuss Hudsons. And... it's in COLOR! For the uninitiated, a Hudson is a steam locomotive with the wheel arrangement 4-6-4, which means four pilot wheels, 6 drivers, and 4 trailing wheels. It made a fast and agile passenger locomotive, and was the wheel arrangement the NYC chose to streamline with the iconic look created by Henry Dreyfuss, one of the big names in streamline design, and of the Art Deco period in general. His rival, Raymond Loewy, the designer of the Pennsylvania RR's streamliners and passenger trains, was more flamboyant and better known, but Dreyfuss's Hudson is probably the most famous and iconic steam locomotive image in history.

Shooshie

PS: dig that poster: 16 hours from New York to Chicago! Funny... I think I've matched that on some airlines during holiday peaks, but without the luxurious appurtenances. Also, its reflection in water is significant. It reminds you that this is the "water-level route." It follows the slow Hudson River with few hills or grades, so you get great scenery while flying along at top speeds.
I have that one but on VHS tape - Have to get the dvd version. I know there's dvd versions of the Emery Gulash NYC stuff that I also have on tape.

Little over 2 decades ago the wife and I did Trenton(NJ) to Chicago to LA to Seattle to visit her brother and his wife out in Seattle. We had the old Pennsy heavyweight sleeper cars and those were heavenly to sleep in - never felt the rail joints. I know it took over 16 hours to get to Chicago - I think it was closer to 20. Change trains in Chitown to the Southwest Chief and then in LA to the Coast Starlight up to Seattle. Wife and I are both train fanatics so we didn't mind the delays and such we ran into. Had our scanners and very often we knew more than some of the train crew. Neatest site on one of the delays up the West Coast was when we were stopped because the engine crew outlawed on operating hours. Looked out the window and could see both ends of a rainbow over a nearby lake.