Trying to get a loop from DP to Omnisphere 2

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cxi2001
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Trying to get a loop from DP to Omnisphere 2

Post by cxi2001 »

I'm trying to export an audio file with a loop embedded so it can be imported into Omnisphere 2 as a sound source. Not having much luck at the moment, i've got the loop setup in the soundbite, have ticked the box in the sound file info that includes the loop. Problem is the soundfile has to be exported as a standard core audio WAV to go into Omnisphere - am i losing the loop info by exporting the soundbite as another format ?
Any suggestions, as ever, appreciated !
Digital Performer 11.22 - Mach Five 3 - Mac Studio M1 - 16GB RAM - OS Ventura - SSL 2+ - Omnisphere - Stylus RMX - Trillian - Zebra - Native Instruments Komplete - Newfangled Audio
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Trying to get a loop from DP to Omnisphere 2

Post by monkey man »

Assuming you're running O2 in DP and not stand-alone, can't you just drag the soundbite onto its window in the appropriate place?

Omni has been on the cards for many years for me, and its acquisition is looming perilously close right now, so I'd like to know how you go with this. I assumed all along it'd be a simple drag-and-drop affair, with Omni's copying the audio to wherever it needs it to be should the preset be saved.

Good luck with this; as I said, I'll be monitoring the thread, cxi2001...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here