Very Strange Fatal Glitch in DP9 - Need Help

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Watersound
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Very Strange Fatal Glitch in DP9 - Need Help

Post by Watersound »

I did what you said and opened a new file, sure enough it still does it when I hit custom timeline. It's a bug.
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Please be sure to file a report with MOTU, if you haven't done so already. Thanks!
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
Watersound

Post by Watersound »

Kubi wrote:Please be sure to file a report with MOTU, if you haven't done so already. Thanks!
Yup I did it 8)
Nibiru

Post by Nibiru »

mikehalloran wrote:
Phil O wrote:Could it be a font issue? I had a weird issue with DP a few versions back and it turned out to be a font conflict. DP appeared to be working fine but when I tried to enter a numerical value it would crash.

Go to Font Book and look for "resolve duplicate fonts" (or something like that). It's a long shot but it only takes a minute to check.

Phil
That's certainly a possibility and the first thing to check.

Did you install something afterwards? If so, what? If nothing, I suspect a bad drive.

The next thing is to run Repair Disk from Disk Utility. You need to boot from another drive or Option-Boot into the Repair Partition and run it from there. Run it on the whole drive, not the mounted partition. If anything shows up in red, run it again and again until it's fixed or the same errors show up three times in a row. If this fixes it, replace the drive ASAP.

Usually, things like this are caused by running so called 'maintenance tools' that do more harm than good. Onyx comes to mind, iDefrag on an SSD is another but these aren't the only possible culprits.

Corrupt RAM is a possibility but not likely. If you regularly clone and restore from clones, then RAM makes the suspect list.

How old is this MBP? Is there anything that indicates the expanding battery issue? If so, you may have a bad graphics chip or VRAM.
I don't wanna hijack this thread, but Onyx isn't recommended by you Mike? I trust what you have to say all the time. I also use Onyx once every couple weeks and have never had a problem. What am I missing?
Mac Mini M2 Pro - 16gb RAM - 500gb SSD | Apollo Twin Duo MkII | UAD Satellite x 2 (thunderbolt) | UAD plugins | Dell 2721QS Monitor | PMC Result 6 | DP 11.22 | Ableton | Luna
bongo_x

Post by bongo_x »

I thought the tools section in Onyx was just a front end for built in OS processes. I never have a problem with it.