DP 9 redraw error Consolidated Window BUG MOTU HAS FACED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 redraw error Consolidated Window BUG MOTU HAS FACED

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 MAC PRO; 32GB RAM; DUAL MONITORS; DP 9; OS X 10.10.4

In full screen mode when a window is popped out of the CONSOLIDATED WINDOW, the main CW doesn't redraw.

NORMAL VIEW

WITH SE WINDOW POPPED OUT (any window gives the same result)
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Guitar Gaz

Re: DP 9 redraw error Consolidated Window / Full Screen

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Have you tried using Expose or Spaces or whatever its called ? Re-choose the desktop with DP in it and this seems to fix my missing edit windows from my Window Sets under Full Screen Mode. I am not sure what your setting would be but mine is Right Command which brigs up the available desktops (I only have 2 based on my iMac and the additional monitor) - I just then click on the desktop with DP in it and hey presto my missing windows are back. It may just work for this issue - it's not right that it's happening of course but this may at least help solve it for now - worth a shot anyway.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

Thanks GG. I'll just stay out of full screen mode.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I can reproduce some of this. The popped out window is going to another Space. I can't tell if the original CW has been properly redrawn because OS X goes to that other Space. Going back to the space with the CW moves the popped out windows move back to original Space. Even so, the CW is not properly redrawn. Parts of the popped out window are in front of the CW, and other parts are behind.

On top of that, when the popped out windows go to another Space, OS X doesn't seem to know they're there. Normally, you can just drag these windows to adjacent spaces, but in this case they won't cross the boundary between spaces. I noticed the same happens with floating plugin windows -- they won't move to another space until you unfloat them.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

MOTU responded to my Techlink from late last night. That was fast! Here's what they say...
Thanks for writing. This bug has been logged. cmd-w is the standard command for close window (this is true of other applications besides DP as well). Another workaround until this bug gets addressed is to option-click the green maximize button, which will maximize the window but avoid full screen mode.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Another workaround until this bug gets addressed is to option-click the green maximize button, which will maximize the window but avoid full screen mode.
Wow I did not know this little trick, very cool! :)
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Thanks GG. I'll just stay out of full screen mode.
Did you try my suggestion and it didn't work? Just interested as I have just got back to using Full Screen mode and the trick works with my own disappearing windows - but I have not had your particular issue (yet).
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP 9 redraw error Consolidated Window BUG MOTU HAS FACED

Haven't had time to set that up yet. There's not a lot of difference between full screen and "old style" full screen. Actually in the new full screen mode "drag and drop" from the Finder and other apps isn't possible and I use that a lot.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS