Waves plug-ins STILL showing non-sensical values BUG!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Waves plug-ins STILL showing non-sensical values BUG!

Post by FMiguelez »

Hmmmm...

Sadly, DP9 STILL shows non-sensical values for every Waves plug-in.

If I want to correct and set a value for threshold in a compressor, I need to guess a number from 655.757 and 801.547.
Same for everything. An EQ band volume adjustment of 0.5 dB? Try guessing the correct value to type it> 244.054

Why, MOTU, why? Will this EVER show normal and expected values???

How do you guys deal with this? It's so annoying and it makes precise and quick numeral typing an impossibility!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves plug-ins STILL showing non-sensical values BUG!

Post by toodamnhip »

I am also having a terrible problem with Waves plug ins not muting when automated. It’s random when and which plugs dont work. It makes mixing coo coo because you can think things are muting or ON...when they are not...really sucks.
Some plug ins are fine and some are subject to this bug.
And the ones that do automate mutes can suddenly NOT work until DP gets re-started.
I do not know who is the culprit, MOTU or Waves, but it has lasted since DP 9. Also, snap shot automation problematic.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc