DP 9 - VSTs don't load properly - SOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kostaspetro
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 - VSTs don't load properly - SOLVED

Post by kostaspetro »

Hello all. Haven't been around here in quite some time. I guess I was just fortunate not to have had any real issues with DP, but alas a pretty big one has come up with the upgrade to DP9.

My VST plugins (not AUs, mind you) do not load properly, in that the plugin will load initially but once I go to edit the parameters I am left with only blank white where the UI should otherwise be. This was not an issue in the last version of DP8 for me so it was surprising to discover this.

It may also help to know that I am still on Snow Leopard, but I have had no issues with DP8 or 9 other than this. Everything else seems to run exactly as it should.

Thank you in advance for any & all help! :D
Last edited by kostaspetro on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP 9 - VSTs don't load properly

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

What troubleshooting have you already done?

I'd start by repairing permissions. I'd also try re-installing DP and possibly re-downloading and reinstalling if that doesn't help. Of course, I'd give MOTU a call or techlink if you're still in trouble.

You might want to search the forum if you haven't. I remember seeing something like this recently, but don't remember where. Probably a longer DP9 "compliant" thread would be my guess. Certainly in the last month.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Did you install in default locations?

Follow MLC's advice about reinstalling and repairing permissions first. Most of us are not having this problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
kostaspetro

Post by kostaspetro »

Thanks for the replies guys. I've taken all the advice & unfortunately I'm still having the problem. I repaired permissions. I re-downloaded & reinstalled & then repaired permissions. I even tried disabling floating windows, all to no avail. Everything was installed to default locations.

I also did check the forum for similar posts. The closest thing I could find was someone from about a month ago who was having an issue with multichannel VSTs not working for them in DP8 or 9, but my issue is confined to 9 only & there was never a resolution posted.

Hoping there might be something that hasn't yet been thought of. Otherwise it looks like I'll be off to file a Tech Link.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

What VST's do you have? There's a possibiity that the VST's you use have not been updated to
work in DP9 yet.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
kostaspetro

Post by kostaspetro »

Just to update everyone on this & have it for future reference in case anyone else should experience the same. I did file a TechLink with MOTU & had a very nice discourse with one of the techs. He suggested lots of different things but none of them worked. Ultimately he said they would keep looking into it but asked me once again if I'd experienced the problem in previous versions. I decided to check back in DP8 just to make sure this still wasn't happening there- it wasn't. But of course I've upgraded to 9 now & want to be able to use it.

Finally I got the idea to take the MAS VST Support bundle from inside the DP8 app & swap it with DP9's VST Support bundle. It worked! All my VSTs loaded properly & no more white space where the GUI should be. Whatever this is must have to do with DP9's VST Support capabilities (at least as they run on my system).

Thanks to everyone here as well for all your help. :)